Whats a good price for this.....

Thanks for all of you who helped me. I have decided to sell my ski. 2004 MSX 150. 74 hours, but as you all may know from my previous thread ("I hope this never happens to anyone"), it needs a new bottom end. I tried reason with the original seller today because I think he knew the engine had issues, but we almost got into a fist fight. What pissed me off is I could tell he was lying to my face. (Too many inconsistencies) I plan to sell as is. Located in Southern California. Lemme know. Thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You've had a poor experience with that MSX 150, that is for sure.

Is this seller someone we need to know about, to avoid future issues with other buyers?

Buyer and Seller Feedback forum

Try sending a message to Ph2ocraft. He is a busy guy these days, but he should know what it is worth, and possibly even point you at a potential buyer.

After I got threw with him today, I doubt he'll want to sell a pack of gum. F.Y.I his name is Sal. He works @ Tyler Mini Storage in Riverside, California. I really doubt he was the original owner. He may have "owned" the ski when I bought it, but I doubt he ever "really owned" the ski. You follow me? Owned as in, bought, rode, serviced, or cared for the ski. What a jerk. My advice to anyone thinking of buying a used ski is as follows: If the price is too low, there's a reason. Second, take the ski for a ride and run it hard. Third, if you get weird gut feeling about a seller, walk away. Fourth, get a mechanics opinion- If the seller objects, theres a reason why! Fifth, and last rule, dont fall for the old, "do you want it or not I got 5 guys coming to see it", pressure tactic. I'm out- Peace!

+1
    [quote=angelsfann02;1189007] If the price is too low, there's a reason. ote]

If you bought it cheap,buy a used engine cheap (I've seen 110-150 engines for $1500,buy it now) Than you can enjoy it.

In my experience,the cheap ones usually need some sort of work and you need to be ready for what you find wrong.

I guess it was one of those "learning experiences". Being a newbie to the sport, I was not prepared for the pitfalls that could occur. I'm just trying to stop other rookies from making the same mistakes I did. It wont be my last Polaris ski- I'm already looking into the older 2-stroke models.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfann02 View Post
    It wont be my last Polaris ski- I'm already looking into the older 2-stroke models.
    I'm not really up on the MSX hulls, but couldn't AngelsFan just search out a 1200 carb'd motor and put it in this hull? Or, better yet, couldn't this become a Matrix? If everything on the ski is good, except the engine, why not put another "older", simpler 2-stroke engine in the hull and have a good solid ski to ride?

I dunno, I'm just thinkin' out loud here.

KJ

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonmtz View Post
    I'm not really up on the MSX hulls, but couldn't AngelsFan just search out a 1200 carb'd motor and put it in this hull?

Or, better yet, couldn't this become a Matrix?

If everything on the ski is good, except the engine, why not put another "older", simpler 2-stroke engine in the hull and have a good solid ski to ride?

I dunno, I'm just thinkin' out loud here.

KJ
    That would be exactly what Keddano did on his MSX 150 conversion;
    MSX Project-Coming Soon

There are a few gotcha's along the way when doing such a project, but it is doable. I actually rode it a few weekends ago

There are a number of ways his MSX 150 hull could be brought back to life. There are replacement Weber motors around, for a price.

In fact, a fully upgraded Weber engine could be quicker, and more reliable, than the original 2004 motor ever was.

It would drop right into the hull, and the performance would surprise a lot of owners of 'newer' models from other brands

If anyone is interested, there is more info here;
    Options for boosting power output on Weber MSX 150 engine
    Offering ECU upgrades -- MSX150 & MSX110
    Other upgrade options for the MSX 110 and MSX 150

The 2-stroke option includes variations of the MSX 140, using either the 1165cc or 1192cc engines. The MSX 140 wire harness drops right in, even the fuel tank and drive line are the same.

Thread Information