Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Boost and Afr problems need help !!!!!!!

Ok guys I'm at my wits end with my situation and have ran out of ideas so I'm tossing this one out to you guys. Speedskixp, biddaddyRXP, jp1300r, Richieb, Reid2168, Dduck, Danny, I'm calling you guys out on this one as I've seen some of the help you guys have provided for others. This is going to be long so Im going to keep it as short as possible and will attach some videos of my testing. My ski was riding fine with the mods on my sig. until I completed a recent bach of mods and up to now nothing has worked right. The new mods were all incorporated at the same time therefore i have not been able to isolate any of these mods as the factor for my problem. Mods were: Nils Mini Rude, Turbo Tech RRFPR/ Fuel Rail,
    48 Lb. injectors, Ross's T/B mod, Rad 4 manifold plate, XS I/C pisser, 15/22R, Turbo Tech BOV. 1st Test: Base pressure for the FPR was set at 58, went for a run... No joy. She wouldnt pass 63 MPH and the RPM's were around 6900. Went back, checked for boost leaks, loose clamps, disconnected C/P's ,found nothing This was with 5 bars of fuel ( bear with me on this last one).
    2nd Test: Base pressure for the FPR was set at 54 and we hooked up the Lm2, went for a run.... No joy. Again she wouldnt pass the 62 MPH and the RPM's were around the same 6800-6900. Back at base the Lm2's reading was 14.7 which is way lean. We left it at that baecause for lack of testing time. All this testing was done last Saturday. Low fuel warning light came one, I thought that was odd with only 2 passes at WOT.
    Fast forward to yesterday with my bud Doel which has the same S/C boosting 14.0-14.5 and has the exact same setup as I. Well he let me borrow his S/C and we did a run. I went to increase the base pressure on the FPR to 60 psi from
    54 which was the setting on my last test but it was already there, Huh!
    anyways I did the run with the Lm2 connected and video taped the whole test, Idle, Half throttle, Full Throttle in hopes that you guys can help me before I go postal on this thing. The run... again No joy. I dont even think I reached 6900 rpms. No I dont have my boost numbers ( I just received my gauge yesterday, will install today). But WTF is going on... what am I missing here. By the way this testing is done in North Florida, Jacksonville. Sea Level, temp hot, water warm.
    The Lm2 reading was 14.64. again way lean. My Lm2 readings are all F/U and I'm missing about 1100 rpms by my account with these mods. This Lm2 is brand new, the O2 sensor was calibrated in free air and it was warmed. I will post all 3 vids starting with the idle one and moving up to the full throttle one. Any help that you guys can give will be dully appretiated. I'm ready to do whatever it takes to get this couch running right. Thanks.

KC

Half throttle testing.

Full Throttle.

+1
    It appears that the reg is not rising with boost. Where is the regulator boost line hooked up? Are you setting the base pressure with the ski off or at idle? The base pressure should be set with the ski off at idle the pressure should drop under manifold vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    It appears that the reg is not rising with boost. Where is the regulator boost line hooked up? Are you setting the base pressure with the ski off or at idle? The base pressure should be set with the ski off at idle the pressure should drop under manifold vacuum.
    The boost line is hooked to the manifold nipple closest to the ECU.
    Pressure is set with the ski off and it drops after the ski is off.
    This FPR read 60 psi across all 3 testing phases, Idle, Mid, and Full. I found that odd ( I expected to see some fluctuation)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Is this the turbotech with the 2 rrfprs, could the begi interfere with the turbosmart?

switchout the turbosmart? and take the begi ou()if its there), just to see what you get?

+1
    Did you drill out the nipple on the manifold? For a test put 10psi air the the reg at idle and see if it rises.

+1
    I don't have alot of the stuff you have on that ski. It doesn't sound like the vac/boost line is working or the RRFPR. If you set it at 60psi, it should drop 4-6psi when at idle and should go 6-8psi over set of 60psi at WOT. Part of your problem is AFR, but I think something else is wrong, too. I can still pull high rpms with a high AFR. Don't run real hard till its figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    Is this the turbotech with the 2 rrfprs, could the begi interfere with the turbosmart?

switchout the turbosmart? and take the begi ou()if its there), just to see what you get?
    Nope single FPR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Paolas birthday 074.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	147843  

+1
    Ok wel your RRFPR is not rising with boost. Un-fountunatly this is a problem lots of people have had including me. It Sucks a fat 1 and I know it.

You prob need to go with the Walbro GSS 342 Fuel pump. It is a high pressure replacement for the Subraru. Its real easy job to swap just need to get the tank insert out and swap the pumps. This sholud help get your pressure rising with boost.

Your prob real low rpms coz your so lean. Cant make the power with not enough fuel.

Something I would really consider is the BEGi 2025 FMU. I know it more money but these regs are the nuts. I have a base pressure of 50psi idle pressure of 30psi and wot pressure of 73-4. The RRFPR is good to tune topend but leaves you with no adjustment anywhere else. R88

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information