Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

stator problems?

another newbe, 02 virage 700 carb I have the updated power to the orange spade but no power to the orange buss bar . new coil ,new Lr, it runs now if i put the cdi on red/pur instead of orange or hit bilge but no feed to orange bar, also no tach either sounds like sator ??

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

The Yellow wire that supplies the RPM signal is also the same Yellow wire that the LR module uses to control battery charging.

Ohm check the stator charging coil, from Yellow to Red/Purple, with both wires unplugged from the electrical terminals.

When the stator is connected, and the engine is NOT running, there should be 12 volt battery power on the Yellow wire, which comes through the stator coil from the Red/Purple battery power connection.

When the engine IS running, the Yellow wire has an unusual AC voltage pattern, which both the RPM display and the LR module use to detect that the engine is rotating.

thanks for the info Ill check after work tonight I dont think its charging which I will ck also I did have one wire purple from sator that was grounded but couldnt find a solid purple in the wiring diagram thanks for any help, reading your posts you have helped alot of people

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by central snow sports View Post
    ...I don't think its charging which I will check...

also I did have one wire purple from stator that was grounded but couldn't find a solid purple in the wiring diagram...
    Many wires in there will have two colors. The main color, and a thin stripe of a second color.

The Red/Purple wire is mostly red, but also has a thin purple stripe.

Ill look again but I didnt see any other colors just purple the book said to ck a blue wire from sator but there are no blues so I think maybe its the purple if so should should it be grounded or open ? thanks

+1
    I'll look again but I didnt see any other colors just purple the book said to ck a blue wire from sator but there are no blues so I think maybe its the purple if so should should it be grounded or open?
    There is a purple stator wire that connects to the CDI (and the three cylinder engine does have a blue stator wire), but those are not for the charging coil in the stator.

The charging coil wires have spade connectors, and plug into the terminal board. Yellow and Red/Purple.

Have a look here;
    Polaris Domestic (red) engine

And especially here;
    How do I test old and new domestic red engine CDI, Magneto and Ignition coils?

I ohm yellow and red/purple sator wires with no reading ,yellow does have 12 volts with engine off still no power to orange bar also im not getting any charge to the battery. one stange thing is the bilge pump would run every 5 or 10 min for about 10 to 15 sec all by itself which sounds like Lr but just replaced it from parts pit and it took about 2 weeks to get now what

if you need a stator i've got a good used one.

+1
    I ohm yellow and red/purple stator wires with no reading ,
    What do you mean by 'no reading'?
    Zero ohms, or open circuit?

yellow does have 12 volts with engine off
    That implies that the stator coil is not open circuit

still no power to orange bar also I'm not getting any charge to the battery.

one strange thing is the bilge pump would run every 5 or 10 min for about 10 to 15 sec all by itself which sounds like LR but just replaced it from parts pit and it took about 2 weeks to get now what
    Is your bilge pump the original Rule type, or something else?
    What brand and part number is your bilge pump?

Is this bilge pump running every so often by itself, when the engine is NOT running?

That sounds like the bilge pump is not connected to Orange as in a stock machine, but has been re-wired to constant battery power (Red/Purple).

Follow the wires from the bilge pump into the electrical box. Exactly which terminals is the bilge pump connected to?

At the moment, I am suspecting that the wiring inside your electrical box is not quite correct. Can you confirm that every wire is connected to a terminal that is marked with that wire's color code?

The only exception will be the Red/Purple wire from the CDI, which should connect directly to the Orange terminals (when your LR regulator is working properly).

BTW, it is spelled stator, not sator

stator

zero ohms to the stator, the pump is an off brand seabreeze I think and is wired to the orange bar in box it runs randomly on its own when engine is not running so I removed the fuse ,all the wires are on the correct term .the only wires on the orange bar are the bilge and the red/purple/ from the cdi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information