Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Highest slip

Highest slip

I am just about to rebuild my RUDE1 charger,i have rebuild kit,Mcmaster washers and RIVA CLUTCH,washers.My question is how high could i set the slip and be safe,im not sure but i was thinking 13ft lb....thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    I am just about to rebuild my RUDE1 charger,i have rebuild kit,Mcmaster washers and RIVA CLUTCH,washers.My question is how high could i set the slip and be safe,im not sure but i was thinking 13ft lb....thanks
    13 ft lbs is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    13 ft lbs is perfect.
    im gona try to get that with Mc washers,if poss ,but im thinking i might need a mix of macs,and oem,s....any thoughts

+1
    im gona try to get that with Mc washers,if poss ,but im thinking i might need a mix of macs,and oem,s....any thoughts
    It depends. You may be able to use all mc masters if it is an 08 shaft with some wear on the gear and washers. Otherwise you will need o mix and match.

It depends. You may be able to use all mc masters if it is an 08 shaft with some wear on the gear and washers. Otherwise you will need o mix and match.
    i thought all RUDE1 was 08...mine is an 08,plugged,guess i will try combos till iget it right

+1

u will need to mix and match OEM & McMaster and may need to relieve the L cap that pushes against the washers by sanding it with emery cloth and solvent to get the correct slip once u find a combo that is close but maybe a bit heavy and if i was doing a NEW washers install/rebuild i would set it at 15/16 lb and expect it to drop 2 to 3 lb minimum after break in! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    u will need to mix and match OEM & McMaster and may need to relieve the L cap that pushes against the washers by sanding it with emery cloth and solvent to get the correct slip once u find a combo that is close but maybe a bit heavy and if i was doing a NEW washers install/rebuild i would set it at 15/16 lb and expect it to drop 2 to 3 lb after break in! good luck!
    if i get that what would be a sensible break in,30mins varied throttle,no flat runs,or longer...then im guessing check it after 3 to 5hrs.....and thanks for the info, it gives me some scope to play with

+1
    i thought all RUDE1 was 08...mine is an 08,plugged,guess i will try combos till iget it right
    Not all rudes are 08s but if you have the oiler hole yours is and also since you have a rebuild kit I assume its 08 also then Reid is correct and you will have to mix and match. I just remebered that you were rebuiding and not just checking/ setting slip. I would also set it around 15lbs prior to break in.
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    u will need to mix and match OEM & McMaster and may need to relieve the L cap that pushes against the washers by sanding it with emery cloth and solvent to get the correct slip once u find a combo that is close but maybe a bit heavy and if i was doing a NEW washers install/rebuild i would set it at 15/16 lb and expect it to drop 2 to 3 lb minimum after break in! good luck!

Not all rudes are 08s but if you have the oiler hole yours is and also since you have a rebuild kit I assume its 08 also then Reid is correct and you will have to mix and match. I just realised that you were rebuiding and not just checking/ setting slip. I would also set it around 15lbs prior to break in.
    AS USUAL,many thanks,that gives me options to play around with...thanks again speedskixp

+1
    AS USUAL,many thanks,that gives me options to play around with...thanks again speedskixp
    No problem. Reid had your back on this one. Basicly you want to find the combination of washers that gets you where you want to be or a little higher and like Reid said sand the L cap to fine tune.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information