Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Smile Ran 77.3 mph yesterday!

I fixed a boost leak last weekend and then pulled the impeller nose cone off and finally stuck the GPS on my '05 RXP yesterday. With a full tank of gas, sitting upright on the seat, it pulled 75 mph and got there quick. Later in the day with 1/2 tank of gas and crouching down on the back, getting out of the wind, I ran a 77.1, 77.2, then 77.3 on the GPS, at 8100 rpm. My previous best was 76.5, seat off, on fumes, so this is a new best speed for me. I was happy!

My setup is a Riva Stage 2, 2 mm pulled out of the trailing edge of a Solas 15/20, Skat mod pump and nozzle with an 81.5 mm ring in, Les Cooke A kit supercharger (like the new RR impeller), 42 lb injectors, no impeller cone, RE blockoffs, metal intercooler piping, stock ECU.

+1
    Nice work Vern! Now get that metal replacement exhaust pipe. Don't want to sink that fast ski.

+1
    Fantastic Vern!

Great #'s Vern! Congrats.

+1
    Thanks guys, I am really happy with how the ski is running now. I am thinking of installing the skegs when I pull it out in the fall maybe too.

Franko, good advice, I have the Rotax thru hull metal exhaust installed already. Don't want to take any chances!

WOW!! another moded RXP doing over 77 MPH + with the stock ECU congrats bro

Vern, your ski is smoking

+1

77.5 last weekend

I ran a 77.5 last weekend (still 8100 rpms), but that was due to cooler water and air (mid 70s air and water temps). Had a few thoughts I wanted input on tho ... I am currently running the stock waterbox, not my modded one, and running a stock Riva air intake. I should do something different for more air for one thing ...

I have been looking at the bottom and noticed that my intake grate is a little bit lower than my ride plate still. I have sanded it a bit, but it still hangs slightly lower. Plus, there are a number of gaps around the ride plate too. I don't know how much potential speed is down there, but it would not surprise me that most of us could gain 1+ mph from making sure everything is matched, smoothed, and all cracks filled around the pump shoe/intake grate/ride plate area. Has anybody done all this and if so, how much speed did they gain?

I am wondering if I did a better air intake, put my modded waterbox back in, and got the bottom 'just right' what speeds I might be able to hit. I think it is not out of the question that a stock ECU RXP with the plate/grate/shoe area smoothed out might get close to 80 mph, especially with some cool fall weather. Just wondering ...

+1
    Vern, there is free speed hidden in truing up the grate to the rideplate. Check it out:

http://www.greenhulk.net/blog.php?s=ride+plate

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I gotta try that one cuz my top loader is way down from the rideplate also....3+weeks in the shop and still nothing!!! Damn rain prevents them from spraying it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information