08-28-2009, 05:15 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
GP1300r Holeshot and Acceleration
I just started to race with my GPR but I dont stand a chance in the start or tight curves against all those Kawa 15f.
Do You guys have any ideas of how to improve holeshot and acceleration?
I've heard about Leos Holeshot kit and Island Holeshot kit. http://www.islandracing.net/gp1300r.html Are those any good and do they work good together?
After googling a while I also found Jetworks flow control.
Whats the difference between that one and Island holeshot kit?
Also; what impeller is recommended for improved acceleration? 13/19, 14/20 etc? What brand?
Im kinda new at this and really need some help with getting my ski to run better. If You have any other suggestions please let me know!
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM #2
08-28-2009, 05:32 PM #3
Do you have any mods done to the ski? Or is she stock?
08-28-2009, 05:47 PM #4
For starters, here are some things the GPR needs in order to be reliable and provide a good holeshot
- Seal the pump shoe, eliminates/reduces cavitation drastically.
- remove the OEM intake grate and replace with an aftermarket intake grate. 1200R/1300R grate
- Reinforce the pump tunnel. This is extremely important as this GPR pump tunnel is prone to cracking and can cause water to enter your ski.
- check the wear ring to impeller clearance.
- Do the Jetworks holeshot exhaust modification. different methods, but same principal
- Higher compression head will yield some added power on the bottom end. But with this, comes attention to fuel requirements to prevent detonation depending upon the compression desired.
- selecting an impeller for your modifications added. This varies due to what mods you choose.
- You can also add more advanced mods like carbon fiber reeds, ported throttle bodies, fuel controller ect....
Depends on what you want and there is an advanced search feature on the forum that has tons of information over these topics.
We also have well respected tuners on the forum that are willing to help as well.
08-28-2009, 05:51 PM #5
Here is a good sticky thread on a serious note
Please read the stickies on this section of the forum
08-28-2009, 07:25 PM #6
rxp951 that was poetry in motion
08-29-2009, 09:26 AM #7
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
08-29-2009, 09:44 AM #8
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Pontoon Beach Illinois
Intake grate and pump plug kit/sealing the pump shoe is a great start... one of the best bang for the buck mods....
08-29-2009, 09:50 AM #9
Ditto on the above^
also, for a little better handling on top end, stepping the stock sponsons is (freebie) mod.
08-29-2009, 09:56 AM #10
Are the 15Fs you mention stock or modified? I have 1 friend with a stock 15F and another with a modified 15F. I have a very modified 1300r and 1200r.
I would not hesitate a holeshot launch against the stock 15f with either of my skis but the modified 15F is another story. If you think the stock 15F has a good holeshot then ride a modified 15F.
Now on top end, you can pull away from a modified 15F with nothing more than a sealed pump shoe and a Jims plate on your 1300r.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By cosmic in forum Conversion Skis ClassifiedsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2008, 08:21 PM
By madtork in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 4Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
By Wino_II in forum Yamaha ClassifiedsReplies: 23Last Post: 09-26-2008, 02:50 PM
By zRaXcPk in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2008, 05:59 AM
By fastexas in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM