+1

Steering Adjusting

Hi All,

As a new member here (this is my first post) I have found this site to be amazing in terms of content in regards to virgin modding ski's. I purchased an 09 rxp-x and with the posts on this site I was able to install a riva 4 inch intake, worx intake grate, and the riva free flow exhaust. Thanks to all to help and keep us newbs informed without having to make stupid posts asking the same question over and over again!! (Hopefully I won't put my foot in my mouth here...)

I think it would be helpful to add a "sticky thread" for adjusting the steering. It has been a chore for me on this ski to get it aligned perfectly. if someone has some good info on how to do it painlessly it would be appreciated to all of us newbs!!

I also think a thread with pictures of "filling the ride plate holes" would be great. If there is one, I couldn't seem to find it! I am thinking it's just filling in the bolt holes on the intake great with silicone? I could be completely wrong, but haven't found a real straight how to on this one.

That's just my .02, glad to be here. Love to ride with anyone, I'm out of Tampa FL.

J

put a 3 or 4 ft straight edge on the back of the steering nozzle and measure from it to the transom on each side, I use a 4ft. level for the straight edge. you can try to measure the handle bars but I just eyeball them for straight.

+1

filling holes

Quote Originally Posted by FallinOffHurts View Post
    Hi All,

As a new member here (this is my first post) I have found this site to be amazing in terms of content in regards to virgin modding ski's. I purchased an 09 rxp-x and with the posts on this site I was able to install a riva 4 inch intake, worx intake grate, and the riva free flow exhaust. Thanks to all to help and keep us newbs informed without having to make stupid posts asking the same question over and over again!! (Hopefully I won't put my foot in my mouth here...)

I think it would be helpful to add a "sticky thread" for adjusting the steering. It has been a chore for me on this ski to get it aligned perfectly. if someone has some good info on how to do it painlessly it would be appreciated to all of us newbs!!

I also think a thread with pictures of "filling the ride plate holes" would be great. If there is one, I couldn't seem to find it! I am thinking it's just filling in the bolt holes on the intake great with silicone? I could be completely wrong, but haven't found a real straight how to on this one.

That's just my .02, glad to be here. Love to ride with anyone, I'm out of Tampa FL.

J
    welcome to the hulk! Filling the holes is easy, I cut some aluminum duct tape into small squares to cover the bolt heads. Some people have used small pieces of rope. The point is to keep the bolt head reasonably clean for FUTURE use if ever needed. Then simply get some JB Waterweld, cut some small pieces the size of a small cookie, and mix it in the palm of your hand. JB Waterweld can be found at Academy Sports, Walmart, or most autoparts stores for about $5.00. Push it into the holes and work it out as flat as you can get it with the ride plate. Let it sit for a couple of hours then sand it smooth with the ride plate. I sanded mine with a die-grinder and what looks like a "scotchbrite" pad, it looked so good I sanded the whole ride plate and silicone pookie around the ride plate.

The JB Waterweld will NOT come out under normal use. If you ever need to get it out, you could just use a screwdriver or small sharp object to chisel it out.

Most guys do NOT use silicone, because it will come out and the "speed-gods" say it slows you down!!!!!

+1
    Heres a link on steering adjustment...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=807

Thread Information