A stators a stator right? model to model

O.K Ive got a 93 sl650 with a burned up stator harness/ Ground issue I assume. Did not hurt box . Bought it with engine out of ski. looked on polaris site and it shows 93 stator only for 93 and 94/95 interchange....guess what I'm asking is has anyone used a later stator in a 93 or doI have to buy a 94 box also along with the 94 stator. Found 1 used stator on e-bay for a 93 but its$160 and found several 94's for less$$$$. Thanks,Nate

+1
    The early 92-93 stators use a analog signal to trigger the CDI. 94+ use a digital signal to trigger the CDI. So if you go with the 94+ you will also have to change the CDI to a 94+.

Good Info>>>http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar2256 View Post
    O.K Ive got a 93 sl650 with a burned up stator harness/

Ground issue I assume. Did not hurt box...
    Often the burned up stator wiring is caused by the battery shorting to the electrical box shell, usually because the plastic battery cover is not in place. Make sure the battery posts do NOT touch the electrical box.

As beerdart says, there are difference between the early year stators. Some combinations of mixed year parts seem to work OK for a while, then fail, other combos simply don't work well.

A few mixed year CDI+stator combos seem to have been OK for some guys, but it is not clear to me what it is that allows some mixes to work, and others not.

The Fuji engine CDI is both powered (excited) and triggered by the various stator coils.

+1
    Oh I forgot to mention the flywheel also needs to be changed. The magnets are different between analog and digital.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

that's a brilliant design

love thgat big metal ground that has to be carefully placed on top of the battery with a 2mm thick bit of plastic between you and soemthing like the PWC version of the china syndrome.

<<starwars voice on>>

Your little fuse cannot help you now young skywalker, your ship is heading to the bottom of the abyss... Best to respect the power of lead and acid next time around

+1
    I have a brand new 92 SL650 stator for sale at $75 plus shipping but per parts diagrams, it says it's only for a 92...but the part number on the 92 has been superseded to be the same as the 93 SL650 & SL750. But I don't know if this will work on the 93...maybe a dealer could better answer that or someone on the forum know?

O.k so I guess the 92 stator that 32deg has will work in my ski ??? Or its a 94 with all the goody's I have to be looking for. Thanks this site/ you guys are very helpful. Nate

Thread Information