Dehydrator bad to use?

I run in Salt water 100% of the time so I am trying to do as much preservation and cleaning as I can. I took the top of my jerky dehydrator and placed it on the spot where the back seat normally goes. Fits near perfect. I sealed the sides off with a garbage bag and tape.

I am doing this to help dry it out though it rarely has moisture in there unless I rinse it.

Is this a bad idea? Is there any reason I would not want to remove the moisture in there?

Also I think I may have over lubed (fogged) it when I first got it cause in some locations I have a white residue buildup on the hottest engine locations. At first I was thinking it is salt but It just could not have that much salt I do not think since it has never had salt water in there.

Could it be the lube drying out on there (it was on fairly thick). Also, I use salt away often on the entire thing. Does it leave a white residue when hot?

I'll try and post some pictures of the residue. I have cleaned it off in spots and do not see any underlying corrosion on the black paint on the engine.

Seadoo 08 RXT-X (love it by the way) got 76 hours on it since June 09 hehe.

No Tunnel Cracks yet and I am using a Work Grate for the last month (lov e it too).

JBH

removing the moisture is a wonderful thing. my only question is the electric motor in the dehydrator designed to used in the presence of fuel vapors? I know normally there are virtually none in a 4tec hull but it's something to think about.

+1
    A better approach that I use all the time is to put a high velocity van blowing into the engine compartment for a day. No water left after about 8 hours!

"If you ride in salt water salt is in there. No way is the inside dry all the time you ride. If you didnt rince with fresh water before you sprayed the preservative on then the salt is trapped in the preservative. White is probably corrosion bubling up through the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by GTXX View Post
    removing the moisture is a wonderful thing. my only question is the electric motor in the dehydrator designed to used in the presence of fuel vapors? I know normally there are virtually none in a 4tec hull but it's something to think about.
    same thang that run into my mind. The dehydrator provide's the ignition part......and the ski provides the fuel/oil fumes......=...............I have a different way of drying the inside of my ski. I'll post a picture soon as I get my Fans back from my buddy

+1
    This is why I think the fans are better. A LOTTA air dilution to reduce the risk of explosion.

Thread Information