Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"N" Position & Steering to Left

Just bought a FZR two weeks ago .

The first two things I did was add Riva intake & manifold upgrades. Rear exhaust kit no time to install before first ride .

After adjusting the nozzle to "eye" level, it binded going in to the last tilt down position. Ended up adjusting the nozzle in its full tilt so it well not bind clicking in. I guess am asking anyone have inputs on this?

Steering off to left, whats the best way to adjust? Looks like am going to have to vise grip the rod to loosen at pump?

NO VICE GRIPS!!! There is a jam nut on the end of the threads on the ball end of the rod. Unscrew the ball link from the nozzel and undo the jam nut and you can easily turn the rod end in either direction screw the ball link back into the nozzel and see if it evens out. If it does tighten the jam nut and put the nut on the bottom of the ball end on the nozzel and your done!

+1
    as per the service manual... adjusting the steering is supposed to be done at the end of the steering shaft that connects to the cable inside the hull... i had to adjust mine as it was slightly off... and it definitely was not an easy task to accomplish with how it's set up.

definitely dont use vise grips... go buy and use the right tools... you'll thank yourself later

I can loosen the jam nut at the nozzle on the rod, after that it well not spin. Am going to look in side like crashking said too later.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakatare View Post
    I can loosen the jam nut at the nozzle on the rod, after that it well not spin. Am going to look in side like crashking said too later.
    pm me a work adress and i can send you the service manual that describes how to do it... it's definitely somewhat difficult... i wouldnt want to have to do it again.... and i work on cars for a living

+1
    What do you mean adjusted the nozzle to eye level?

Just leveling the nozzle, was pointed up alot from install from dealer or factory? I may take it back to the dealer & have them adjust the steering

+1
    my fzr kinda goes to the left..at about 50 mph when you keep the steering in a no loaded position the ski hunts to the left. very slight but definatly left.

+1
    Someone posted somewhere that the Neutral position isn't true neutral, I think its something like 13 degrees up.

Could I get a couple of measurements of the clearance of the nozzle in the Neutral position from the top deck to nozzle? Am going to bring this up when I return to the dealer & see what there answer would be & have them strighten out the steering, off centered by a few inches to the left, lol.......... thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information