Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Plugged IC--Where Do I Start???

Rode the ski yesterday and everything was good. Took it out this morning doing some testing and all was good. Then, I pulled it out of the lake and after I shimmed the ride plate and did some more runs, I noticed there was no water coming from the righ hand pisser on my FZS.

I can get some water to discharge when going full throttle but at idle, there is no water coming out of this pisser or the aux pisser I installed on the rear of the ski for the IC.

Normally the water just flies out of this pisser due to the additional cooling line from the R & D cooling kit I installed some time ago.

Where should I start this troubleshooting process?

Side note--pissers on the left hand side work fine and I didn't get any warnings on the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Rode the ski yesterday and everything was good. Took it out this morning doing some testing and all was good. Then, I pulled it out of the lake and after I shimmed the ride plate and did some more runs, I noticed there was no water coming from the righ hand pisser on my FZS.

I can get some water to discharge when going full throttle but at idle, there is no water coming out of this pisser or the aux pisser I installed on the rear of the ski for the IC.

Normally the water just flies out of this pisser due to the additional cooling line from the R & D cooling kit I installed some time ago.

Where should I start this troubleshooting process?

Side note--pissers on the left hand side work fine and I didn't get any warnings on the ski.

Check for a kink in the hose(s) running to the IC in the area under the intake manifold in particular. I had a similar situation one time and the hose was kinked.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Check for a kink in the hose(s) running to the IC in the area under the intake manifold in particular. I had a similar situation one time and the hose was kinked.
    Thanks for the reply SHOBiz. I had looked at them previously but PHYSICALLY ran my hand down both hoses (stock and blue R & D hose that "T's" into the stock IC cooling hose) and everything looks good.

I think it HAS to be plugged inside the IC as mine has two supplies and neither one is making any water go through the IC... Either that or in the stock cooling supply line AFTER the "T".

did you get the chance to to test jim's rideplate?????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    did you get the chance to to test jim's rideplate?????
    I did.

Not without the effing plugged IC counfounding my well thought-out test...

Will probably post on the ride plate mods by Jim tomorrow without the "shimmed" portion of the test.

Let's just say that it worked!

Disconnect the hoses on the IC. Stick a hose on the ports for the IC and see if anything comes out of the pissers. If not, you need to remove the IC and open her up to see what the deal is.

If not, remove the connections on both ends of the hoses and apply the garden hose to them and see what happens. Don't worry abour water in the hull, it will drain...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Disconnect the hoses on the IC. Stick a hose on the ports for the IC and see if anything comes out of the pissers. If not, you need to remove the IC and open her up to see what the deal is.

If not, remove the connections on both ends of the hoses and apply the garden hose to them and see what happens. Don't worry abour water in the hull, it will drain...
    Thanks (again) for the info SHOBiz. Will do this tomorrow after work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Thanks (again) for the info SHOBiz. Will do this tomorrow after work.
    if you do end up having to split the intercooler.... be careful i saw on here somewhere the gasket is not sold seperately from the intercooler...

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Take it to a radiator shop, they can stick brushes down your core and clean everything out, much like they do to a radiator.

+1
    Perfect.

Thanks all for the replies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information