Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Oil experts apply within!

Injested a little water thru intake after some big wave jumping. There was a little water in airbox water collector(emptied it). Pulled drain bolt under fuel rail(no water). Pulled plugs, cleaned them and sprayed a lil fogging oil in each cylinder. Oil was slightly milky. Changed oil and filter...ran on hose for 15 min...still kinda milky. Changed oil and filter again...oil looked good. Took her out today and she was 1,000 rpm low, 10 mph low and at full throttle the boost guage was jumping up and down from 0 to 13 psi. Beached it and checked oil....super milky! Doing 3rd oil change and filter tonight. Is there anything I'm missing guys?? 60 hrs on ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin21 View Post
    Injested a little water thru intake after some big wave jumping. There was a little water in airbox water collector(emptied it). Pulled drain bolt under fuel rail(no water). Pulled plugs, cleaned them and sprayed a lil fogging oil in each cylinder. Oil was slightly milky. Changed oil and filter...ran on hose for 15 min...still kinda milky. Changed oil and filter again...oil looked good. Took her out today and she was 1,000 rpm low, 10 mph low and at full throttle the boost guage was jumping up and down from 0 to 13 psi. Beached it and checked oil....super milky! Doing 3rd oil change and filter tonight. Is there anything I'm missing guys?? 60 hrs on ski.

Did you pull the intercooler and clear it out ?
    http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=37

Quote Originally Posted by hudsta View Post
    Did you pull the intercooler and clear it out ?
    http://www.teammotoracing.com/?cat=37
    No...do I have to!!I havent gotton that far yet. I had planned on changing oil 2-3 more times and putting new plugs in to see if that will do it. Do you think pulling IC is a must or will the plugs and changes be enough? I'm doing 3rd change as we speak and just want some more feed back.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Pull the intercooler................May have to pull the supercharger also..........

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spin21 View Post
    " at full throttle the boost guage was jumping up and down from 0 to 13 psi"

1 of 2 things cause this

slipping SC belt is my 1st guess
    BOV is leaking ( normally just leaks not causes flickering gauge)

yes oil can still be milky as water could have been caught up inside engine cavities, for a few rides,

Also ENSURE you are fogging your SC other wise it will corroded up after water injecting your ski !!!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    Pull the intercooler................May have to pull the supercharger also..........
    Just wanted to make sure u understand it wasnt flippe dor swampped. Still runs strong at 7,000 rpm and 60 mph. Just a lil water got by...enough to contaminate oil. If it doesnt clear up by the 4th or 5th oil change I will pull IC

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    " at full throttle the boost guage was jumping up and down from 0 to 13 psi"

1 of 2 things cause this

slipping SC belt is my 1st guess
    BOV is leaking ( normally just leaks not causes flickering gauge)

yes oil can still be milky as water could have been caught up inside engine cavities, for a few rides,

Also ENSURE you are fogging your SC other wise it will corroded up after water injecting your ski !!!!!!1
    Didnt think boost had anything to do w/ oil. BOV is blocked off but maybe I got a lil WD 40 on itAlso, I fog SC after almost every ride so I should be good. Im hoping I just need to change the oil a few times and run it all out. Id hate to have to pull IC or SC! Any other tips??

Change oil again and run on hose. If water intrusion happens again, check exhaust gasket failure. Noticed a couple on here had same issues and symptoms including me. Changed all gaskets and good to go!!

+1
    if your BOV plastic hoses are pulled off like mine are then if the IC gets messy it will blow oily residue right onto you supercharger belt (from the valve on front of IC) causing it to slip. that happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hilomikey View Post
    Change oil again and run on hose. If water intrusion happens again, check exhaust gasket failure. Noticed a couple on here had same issues and symptoms including me. Changed all gaskets and good to go!!
    All gaskets? How many...just thinking ahead in case thats the prob. Dont think so though. There was water in the air box catch tube leading me to believe i sucked some in on a few big waves last week

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information