+1

Pos powervalves!!!!!!!

I found my problem,the last 2 times ive been out my ski really sucked on the bottom end and it would`nt idle rite.i thought at first it was maybe one of the reed pedals on my vforce 2`s. WRONG Well today i took the covers off of my pv`s to see how the Klotz R50 was working only to find the end of one of my pv shafts snapped off and my wave eater clip was cracked in half!!! i have never seen this happen before.
    What are the chances the valve dropped far enough to hit the piston?
    i took the spark plugs out and pushed the center piston all the way down and looked through the sparkplug hole at the top of the piston just under the valve,i did`nt see any damage on the piston,,,the pin and the top of the pv shaft were still laying just under the pv cover and the valve was all the way open,, i tried to push it all the way down to see if it would drop into the cylinder far enough to hit the piston but i could`nt get it to drop that far,,,guess i`ll be taking this engine back apart and hopefully ill be able to get a matching valve machined.
    who can do this for me??????
    this is a kerry hibdon 1456 BB so getting another valve made may be difficult.can i just send the valve or do you have to send the cylinder????
    guess im done for the season, only 4 outings this summer now this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pv 001.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	148206   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pv 002.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	546.0 KB 
ID:	148207  

+1
    I dont have a spare pv but i would need that cylinder, good used pv, and the old broke pv.

+1
    Is it possible for small pieces of metal to get down in the cylinders from this?

+1
    [QUOTE=WATER WOODY;1191812]I dont have a spare pv but i would need that cylinder, good used pv, and the old broke pv.[/QUOTE

woody,
    whats the cost for you to make me a new one.thanks Jeff

+1
    double post!!how the???

+1
    Im not sure what caused this but i have found that the pv shaft that broke somehow got lodged in the bushing.I believe thats what caused it to break.the pins in the other 2 pv shafts are so loose the pins just fall out,it appears the one got lodged keeping the other 2 from moving even though the pv motor was trying to move them and the force from that almost broke the other 2.the shaft on the one that broke will not slide up and down like normal it is kinda locked in the up position.kinda odd but im going with gas valves for sure now that i have looked at these a little closer.these BB engines are just way to expensive to replace from a valve failure,I was very very lucky it got lodged in the up postion and did`nt drop into the cylinder.

Banned User
    Do you really need powervalves at all with a big bore? Why not just lock them?

why not convert to the seadoo pv setup? ive seen the adapters somewhere before.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fzr100098 View Post
    Do you really need powervalves at all with a big bore? Why not just lock them?
    some say no!! but some testing shows better bottom end with valves!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    why not convert to the seadoo pv setup? ive seen the adapters somewhere before.
    shhhhhhhhh!!!! dont tell the seapoo guys im going to put seadoo valves on a yamaha.LOL

Thread Information