Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HELP 08 250X bogging

I have been out of the forums for a while but I am just wondering if anyone out there can help me. The last time I ran my ski was about 4-5 months ago everything was fine. stored it with about 5gal of fuel in it. It does'nt get cold here and it is in my garage. I start it about once a week for only 15 seconds (no water). I have it on a battery tender. Well yesterday I decided to bring her in the water and almost immediately started bogging. with the fast key I was only recording a max rpm of 6180 and about 45-50mph on the dream meter accelaration was slow too and it sounded like it had a fouled plug or something. Took the plugs out and all of them seem to be fine (brown color and dry) This has happened twice before and the first time the dealer took care of it but I forgot what they did. The second time they replaced the plugs. But now that it is out of warranty I am hesitant to bring it there and get charged an arm and a leg for it. I have about 53 hours on here and I also filled her up with fresh fuel prior to launching her so I think that eliminated moisture in the injectors and i still used her despite the condition. I would really appreciate anybody's help. I was thinking of trying to disconnect the battery to reset the computer but did not do it. Please guys I need your help. If this is a common thing (reliability) about the 250X I might just trade up to a Yammie but I am kinda brand loyal. Thanks.

Change plugs and use NGK CR9EK.

same problem

08 ultra 250 17 hrs

I had the same thing happen last weekend. The ski had not been ridden in a month. When I put in the lake it was doing about the same numbers as yours. Took it back to the beach and let it cool off. When I went back out, the same thing. After about 10 minutes it started coming around and was up to full speed shortly there after. I chalked it up to condensation/ water in fuel. Plugs looked fine post ride.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by worldbfree View Post
    08 ultra 250 17 hrs

I had the same thing happen last weekend. The ski had not been ridden in a month. When I put in the lake it was doing about the same numbers as yours. Took it back to the beach and let it cool off. When I went back out, the same thing. After about 10 minutes it started coming around and was up to full speed shortly there after. I chalked it up to condensation/ water in fuel. Plugs looked fine post ride.

Rick
    That's what i thought too but going through a full tank of fuel should have taken care of that. I'll try to change the plugs and see what happens. Is there anything else I might have to worry about?

Quote Originally Posted by billas 250x View Post
    That's what i thought too but going through a full tank of fuel should have taken care of that. I'll try to change the plugs and see what happens. Is there anything else I might have to worry about?
    Try the simple things first. Change the plugs, check the supercharger belt tension with the tool. Check to see that the airhorn is not sucking up against the hull at the front right of the ski. Check to make shure there is no debris in the pump tunnel. Check the oil for water (milky) condition. Start with those and check back.

Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    Change plugs and use NGK CR9EK.
    Found the plugs on ebay. can you confirm that this is the right plugs for the 250X? The seller did not indicate that it is for the 250X but said that it will work with the UltraLX? Thanks.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    could be plugs or intercooler could be gummed up

Quote Originally Posted by billas 250x View Post
    Found the plugs on ebay. can you confirm that this is the right plugs for the 250X? The seller did not indicate that it is for the 250X but said that it will work with the UltraLX? Thanks.
    I believe you will need the plug tips if not using the stock ones. The CR ones have a screw type top post and you have to get the little part that screws onto them to make the proper connection to the wire.

Change the plugs and not the $65 ones that the dealer sells .
    NGK CR9EK are what I use now ....

hello
    in this days i had to take the head off because a spark plug broke in the head i put everything back and blocked the bov,also put new plugs and now my sky as the same sintoms as yours it will only do 40 to 50 miles and the rpms are about 6000.usually the idlle is about 1300 and now is 1600rpms the pressure in the gage is about 7 to 8 psi.
    anyone have some ideia? how can i reset the ecu?

thanks

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information