08 250X

2008 Ultra 250X taking on water

I took my 08 250X out yesterday and was riding along at about 60 mph when it started to act up a little, I slowed down and realized the ski was sitting really low in the water, the ski would then only go about 20 mph, I finally found my buddy in his boat and we turned the ski off and pulled it to the dock. I took the seat off and the engine compartment was half full of water. The plugs were in and tight. Any idea of how water could have gotten in there? Doesn't the 250X have a bilge pump. I only have 12 hours on the ski, so I am taking it in to the shop and expect this to be covered under warranty. I have not cranked the motor any and did check the oil, it did not appear to have water in it, but I am not taking any chances. Anyone have any experiences like this? What should I do to make sure that everything is okay after having that much water in the bilge and it was salt water. So far I drained all the water out and sprayed the engine down with an anti-corrosion spray, CNC 656 marine spray.

08 250X

reply to own post

Is there a better forum to ask basic questions about my PWC? I don't seem to be getting any response to basic questions, been a member of quite a few forums and usually get a better response to questions like I am asking. I realize I am a newb and have done searches and read some, but I thought I would try and contribute to this forum.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The General Discussion area doesnt get looked at much (You would get more response if this was in the 4 stoke area) I would venture to guess that one of the exhaust hoses popped off and is filling the engine comparment..............It does have a bilge pump, it works on a vaccuumm, but if the exhaust hose came off, it wont keep up, its a fairly common problem on the 250/260 platform, after the first couple hours of riding its a good idea to go over all hose clamps ................

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    The General Discussion area doesnt get looked at much (You would get more response if this was in the 4 stoke area) I would venture to guess that one of the exhaust hoses popped off and is filling the engine comparment..............It does have a bilge pump, it works on a vaccuumm, but if the exhaust hose came off, it wont keep up, its a fairly common problem on the 250/260 platform, after the first couple hours of riding its a good idea to go over all hose clamps ................
    Yup happened to me at about 15 hours. The hose was also on the bottom of the intercooler so it was a pain to get to.

Thread Information