Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6

    Small vibration when hard wot from stop then back off

    Noticed a small vibration in my ski since adding the external IC and SC. If you hammer it hard and back out of it right away you can feel a vibration in the seat. Almost like a slight wobble in the drive shaft kinda feel. Wear ring etc is tight and good just wondering if its more a product of air back feeding though the Sc causing a small but noticeable comressor stall effect?


  2. #2
    ctriverguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,509
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    Noticed a small vibration in my ski since adding the external IC and SC. If you hammer it hard and back out of it right away you can feel a vibration in the seat. Almost like a slight wobble in the drive shaft kinda feel. Wear ring etc is tight and good just wondering if its more a product of air back feeding though the Sc causing a small but noticeable comressor stall effect?

    check the nose cone on your impeller... I had those same symptoms and that was my problem., mine had walked up the shaft about an inch.. good luck

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ctriverguy View Post
    check the nose cone on your impeller... I had those same symptoms and that was my problem., mine had walked up the shaft about an inch.. good luck

    Nose cone is perfect, actually thought that too but when I took it apart to put the new prop in 14/19 out 15/20 in the nose cone was perfect and it still does it with the new prop swap.

  4. #4
    Been there and back! BDNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silver Bay, Toms River, N.J.
    Posts
    1,536
    Jaime-

    Double check that the additional power didn't break off a motor mount. Remember the mount would rip just UNDER the rubber bushings. The best way to check is by hoisting the motor just an inch or so with a davit or a pulley. Once the weight is off you should be able to wiggle the bushings if any are broken. Also make sure your mount bolts to the hull are not lose either. One broken bushing could cause the motor to shift or torque (especially w/ more power) and cause vibration in the driveshaft since it would most-likely be out of alignment at that point.

    Just a thought.

    Brendan

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora Ontario Canada
    Posts
    360
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by BDNJ View Post
    Jaime-

    Double check that the additional power didn't break off a motor mount. Remember the mount would rip just UNDER the rubber bushings. The best way to check is by hoisting the motor just an inch or so with a davit or a pulley. Once the weight is off you should be able to wiggle the bushings if any are broken. Also make sure your mount bolts to the hull are not lose either. One broken bushing could cause the motor to shift or torque (especially w/ more power) and cause vibration in the driveshaft since it would most-likely be out of alignment at that point.

    Just a thought.

    Brendan
    Good point I will have a good look at that but I was wiggling and pulling last night with no movement. I will double check it. It only does it when you hammer and back off. I sware it feels like compressor surge but I don't see how with the slip clutch that can be.

  6. #6
    GTXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NW, GA
    Posts
    1,776
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    Good point I will have a good look at that but I was wiggling and pulling last night with no movement. I will double check it. It only does it when you hammer and back off. I sware it feels like compressor surge but I don't see how with the slip clutch that can be.
    the clutch just slips for an instant then stops slipping, happens really quick. then you get the funny noise from the SC.

  7. #7
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62

    Same problem here.

    Let me know what you find.

  8. #8
    toilets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lake Norman NC
    Posts
    193
    Ive noticed a good vibration through the steering at idle and at WOT, speeds are not affected, nor hole shot. but if you are idling and take your hands off the steering, it definitely vibrates pretty good. Nothing crazy but defnitely noticable... Could this be possibly from me taking off my nose cone?? I checked everything else and everything seems to be fine.

  9. #9
    Been there and back! BDNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silver Bay, Toms River, N.J.
    Posts
    1,536
    Having the nose cone off definitely increases vibration in the pump. I would put it back on and see if it goes away. You also could have a driveshaft/motor alignment issue.

    Brendan

  10. #10
    toilets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lake Norman NC
    Posts
    193
    ok I will try that, Would the alignment issue be from the begninning or could this actually become misaligned over time? I have never noticed it before however we did take out my prop to repitch it and flip the wear ring recently.(that was when the nose cone came out)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Vibration when starting out then clunk into gear and its good
    By meatballstunts in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 04:07 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 11:21 PM
  3. FZS Riva Stage 3--Loud vibration when turning hard
    By LamaYamaha in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM
  4. 9hrs Hard Start. Runs rough, then OK 10 seconds
    By Kevan in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 06:22 AM
  5. When did your kids stop believing in Santa Clause?
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •