Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need advice on 07 rxt mods

I am doing some mods on my ski 07 rxt and i need some advice on what should i buy next

i have:

42 injectors
    fizzle intercooler
    riva rear exhaust kit (should i leave the water box stock?)
    opas block off

my plans are to buy
    riva pro supercharger upgrade(riva stage 3)
    riva air intake
    14-19 4 blade prop

now here is my question
    i hear the best intake grate for rxt for top speed is the factory one, now should i buy the riva pump webge(2 degree) while i have the factory intake grate, or should i just get the riva intake grate or should i just leave the factory intake grate and not put the riva pump webge. I just want top speed.

I almost always ride in saltwater should i stay with the 4 blade prop or should i go with a 3 blade, i hear 4 blade is better for top speed and the 3 blade for hook up and acceleration.

Gime me some advice guys i plan on buy all this parts fast to finish my built.

My goal is 74-75 mph you guys think that with this built i will breake it?

+1
    I wouldnt buy the riva air intake i would build you a 4 inch front intake, also stay with the 4 blade prop and run the riva wedge with the riva intake.

Wedge

If you ride in the ocean, the wedge will keep you in the air and not hooked up which will slow you down (and the boat won't turn). Definitely do the 4" intake and SC upgrade and see where your rpms are. Then you'll know which prop to go with. Top speed offshore is tough and hitting 75 on an RXT will take lots of $$$.

+1
    With the Riva grate the Ski stays hook to the water unlike the stock one, I have the Riva one and is great. I would sell your charger and buy an X charger since is bigger than a stage 3.

I have a 2007 RXT with 42#, X Charger, Wedge, Riva grate, OPAS Blockoff, riva 3" air and is doing around 70-71. I expect with a 15/20 3 blade + external intercooler to get to around 72-73.

I don't think my T is going to hit 75 until I put a 137 wheel + 50#, and for that you will need an X ECU or RRFPR. Also you will need to put a thermostat.

I ride almost every Sunday from Haulover to Key Biscayne, and in the races around Monument Island in a black and yellow RXT with a carbon fiber jettrim seat.

+1
    RXTs stock do around 65, to go 10mph more takes around 3K-4K + labor.

i am going to go with the riva intake grate and no pump webge.

Banned User
    do them both u wont mind it, its once i took the opas off that after 2 years of having it that i was loosing my mind not being able to steer the ski as well, as much as i hated the opas, i sure do miss it for towing skiers and such.

now on to making a RXT fast, If u find good deals on here for used stuff, and dont go crazy buying all the other stuff u dont need, u can make a RXT go 75-77 for about $2500, If u have ?'s on this PM me I have gone 77.1 so far with less then $3000 out of pocket.

I ride salt and have a wedge was advised acted like vts is this incorrect?

Banned User
    the wedge just angles the jet up a little more then stock to make the front or bow of the ski ride higher in the water at speed, which creates less drag and gives more speed.

Now i am not sure if i should put the webge because i will mostly be in saltwater, and if it's going to make me jump to much is not a good idea.

Also i am not sure if i should go with a riva 3 supercharger upgrade or a x charger. Advice guys.

What you guys think is better for top speed

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information