+1

Pain in the a$$ FX-SHO Riva stage 1 kit

Ordered the stage one kit with the BOV, guy tells me It will arrive on friday. wife already took vacation to go to the lake for the weekend and you know I really want that stage 1 kit in for the weekend but the wife knows nothing of my purchase. Being the smart guy I am I decide to take everything apart now, so friday when the riva kit shows up I can quickly assemble everything and the wife will never know. Everything is going according to plan, I have the ski completely torn apart ready for the goodies. I go in and check my email and find riva has sent me a tracking # for my order. Good thing I saw this before the wife, man I dodged a bullet there, or did I? checking the tracking # shows my order showing up the following Monday, not this friday(WTF). No way I'm putting this thing back together for the weekend only to tear it apart again on monday. I ended up having to tell the wife (mabe soon to be ex) about the ordeal. To make matters worse, sometime sat night my fuel line that was tied up somehow fell into the bottom of the hull draining the fuel tank into the hull and all over my garage floor "could this get any worse". Kit showed up yesterday and it seemed everywhere you need two hands to install something, you can only get one hand in there. Eventually after kicking and cussing at everything in the garage, I got everything installed, except the pump seal kit because one of the plugs was missing from the kit(dam the luck). I did learn a few things that may help others in the future.
    1) Check the tracking # before you tear your ski apart.
    2) When you do the manifold upgrade, do the BOV as well to save from having to pull the manifold off again later.
    3) For those of you wanting to do the pump reinforcment mod. An easy way to remove the intake grate brackets. Dump gas in your hull, the next day you will be able to reach down and pick them up out of the hull without any problems.

+1
    That's funny stuff.

You should've been around me when She found out I purchased my FZS--when it was in the driveway.

I have had some issues with shipping dates too. Actually I got the wrong grate seal kit initially.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    That's funny stuff.

You should've been around me when She found out I purchased my FZS--when it was in the driveway.

I have had some issues with shipping dates too. Actually I got the wrong grate seal kit initially.
    Hmm. "My" FZS. Do you live in a community property state?

+1
    I feel your pain man. Some of those parts are just a pain to install. Luckily I don't have an old lady hollering at me along the way. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martimouse2 View Post
    Hmm. "My" FZS. Do you live in a community property state?
    Not married any more.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I feel your pain man. Some of those parts are just a pain to install. Luckily I don't have an old lady hollering at me along the way. lol
    Yep - behind every great man is a great (or really loud) woman.

+1
    man what a newbie..Next time all of its apart you need to tell the wife you don't want anything to do with the ski so you can focus on each other .

+1
    I thought about making up some story about a recall and the ski couldn't be ridden untill the recall was taken care of, but I was already in deep and the way my luck was going I probably would have made it worse.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    man what a newbie..Next time all of its apart you need to tell the wife you don't want anything to do with the ski so you can focus on each other .

Thread Information