Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea doo 720, Factory Pipe, Westcoast head? Recreational use, Help!!!!

Hi guys!!!!

I got sea doo 720, 3 seaters, I know itīs a slow ski (to big), my top end is 47.1 mph (gps flat water). Mods: true bored .40mm carb, filled holes in ride plate, no resonator. I still have stock flame arrester box because Group K says itīs better for restriction to my ski due there is only one carb, Itīs ok? Or I put it an aftermaket flame arrester?

Now I just bought a FactoryPipe but can I put it to my ski safely? I mean I use my ski for recreational only but I really like to put some upgrades to yhe engine. I also buy an aftermaket westcoast high compression head 29cc domes, but some guys say Itīs better I just pust the FPP without the westcoast head (no to much damage to recreational engine).

So I got FactoryPipe and a Westcoast Head 29cc domes. For recreational use What should I do with this pieces? Itīs okay to put both? Or Itīs better just use one of them due I use for recreational? Does this mods short engine life drastically? Is it good worthed even if short my engine life?

Thanks in advance!!!!!!
    Sorry for my desesperation.

The 720 engine will run best completely stock with the Factory Pipe. The factory pipe is very unforgiving on the 720. I have the Factory Pipe with stock 720 Engine and a 85mm Noozle. Love it and will run with newer models all day long

my 97 GTS is a 3 seater..

it is a 720 .5mm over Dual carbed, With flame arresstors, Carbon Tech Rotary valve, and a Factory Pipe running a continous water nozzle no solenoid, I did not put in the rev limiter..

Biggest problem is fitting the pipe in the hull,, TIGHT fit,, Did I mention it fits tight?

Yea,, it is a sleeper,,,

and I figure it to be a recreation Ski.

You will enjoy it,, Just run premium gas and quality oil

And what about Flame arresters? Do I still use stock? Group K says is the best for gti 2nd generation hull with only 1 carb. Or you can a better option?

There is some plastic foam around the water box, too many people says that get wet and weight about 10lbs, whta do you think about remove it from water box?

Thanks in advance!!

group k is sharp on knowledge,, I am not sure on the single carb 720,,

I have the proks on mine, Sure makes tuning so much easier

Not for sure on the foam you are asking about either,, the foam is all intact in mine,, it is flotation foam so not sure how it would get soggy wet.

have fun

Sorry about the plastic foam, itīs a rubber jacket around the water box, Should I remove it? Or I just leave it there? Any advice about increase hp for my engine? Top speed?

I think I might not use the westcoast compression head due your advices.

Any other mod?

the rotary valve helps,,

as for the foam stuff thats a judgement call,,me I would leave it.,.. Might help keep heat out of the area.

as for speed increase an impeller change would make a diff with the power increase, but mine is still stock.

oh and run the 93 octane premium,, it is only a few dimes more and detonation is " disaster" on a 2 stroke

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Factory pipe doesn't recommend ther pipe on a single carb 720... Only the dual carb models. Im not sure if they will turn enough rpms to keep the DETO gremlin away, so maybe that is why they recommend dual carbs. Also the porting is probably diff on a dual carb 720.

Trust me on the Factory pipes, i own one on a 96xp it's a Spec 2 and it loves to eat rear pistons if it isn't tuned right It took me a new top end to learn that, and finnaly get it running good.

Do some research on this before you end up spending more money on rebuilt top ends..

Also important on a 720 to put a carb brace on it if your going to an aftermarket are filter.

mmmm, I already bought the Factory Pipe (2 weeks ago), then according to your advices I need to change to dual carb? Or is there any modification available for my single carb to work with Factory Pipe? If not I think begin to search for intake manifold and dual carbs jejejeje.

Thanks!!!!!

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    I would call Factory Pipe and ask them if they recommend the single carb unit with there pipe. I inquired about getting a factory pipe for my buddy's 97 gsi 720 which is a single carb. They said they don't make a pipe for the single.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information