Unhappy Fizzle IC Instructions Problem

I have just put my ski into the shop after fitting, testing and riding my ski with the new Fizzle IC fitted. I followed all the instructions to the letter and tested it on the hose (fine, no leaks) my problems cam after I had been on the (flat) water 40mins. What had happened is that the 3 nipples in the block off plate had vibrated loose and dropped off causing my ski to idle at very high revs. My beef is that nowhere in the installation instructions did it say that these should be tigtened or have locktite applied to them. This has now cost me extra $'s for my mechanic to try and retieve them from the hull and refit them. I think your instructions should be updated so that other buyers do not have the same problem.

Banned User
    +1
    Sorry about your trouble man, but you should have gone over them when making sure everything was tight. Don't just assume they were tight when they were shipped, because that particular item is normally loosely assembled for shipping.

Hundreds of these kits have been installed with no issues, I wouldn't freak out too much. But if your "mechanic" charges you a ton of money for sticking his hands down the back of the hull to retrieve 3 fittings, then putting some teflon tape on them and installing them...then I would complain

+1
    3 nipples? I thought all block offs were sold with only 1 nipple or plug in them. They all should have teflon and should be tightened, just like the hose barbs on the intercooler. Im pretty sure you had to install those also.

Reach down in the hull. This is the easiest hull Ive had for retrieving parts. theres no need for a mechanic to have to reach down in there. Get the plugs and put them in with teflon.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    James went with a new blockoff plate that incorporates 3 nipples. Did you check to make sure they were at least finger tight?

It's not the $'s that bother me it's the inconvenience and embarassment. The instructions say and this is not a quote, to test run it and then make sure everything is tight because the clamps can expand with heat, which implies that you should check the clamps. No where does it mention to teflon or loctite the nipples or that they are shipped loose. I think it would be much more comprehensive if a sentence was added to instruct buyers to do either of these things to the nipples. I guess you live and learn. No worries guys.

Banned User
    +1
    No worries man, its all good. James, if you are reading this, please put teflon tape and tighten the plugs before you send them out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by anacott_gtx_ltd View Post
    It's not the $'s that bother me it's the inconvenience and embarassment. The instructions say and this is not a quote, to test run it and then make sure everything is tight because the clamps can expand with heat, which implies that you should check the clamps. No where does it mention to teflon or loctite the nipples or that they are shipped loose. I think it would be much more comprehensive if a sentence was added to instruct buyers to do either of these things to the nipples. I guess you live and learn. No worries guys.
    Try not to take any offence to this however anyone used to purchasing anything aftermarket knows damn well to check stuff like that. Regarless if you installed it or your mechanic. I never assume anything I purchase to be right when it comes out of the box regarless of the manufacturer.

+1
    I have updated the instructions recently and will have to re-post the new version. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. This has become a common mistake among customers. The block-offs come that way. I am not the manufacturer. This is not specific to the Fizzle Kit, but to the block-off in the online store.

I would always double check everything no matter what the instructions say.

Thread Information