Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X vs GTX IS vs Yamaha SHO

OK, was riding my RXPX the other day in slight chop conditions and came across a brand new 09 GTX IS and a Yamaha SHO. Thought I should race them to show them how the X kicks us (should mention that my ski is stock except for an R&D grate). Accelerated better of course but due to slight chop the IS was faster than me at top end due to its hull. The yamaha was exactly the same at top end and apparently its only 210hp!! I think the x hull really sucks cause it fails to use the extra HP. Anyway I rode the IS and was really impressed how comfortable it is at high speeds and light to medium chop. No way RTX-X or RXP-X can keep up with it at these conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by dathanas View Post
    OK, was riding my RXPX the other day in slight chop conditions and came across a brand new 09 GTX IS and a Yamaha SHO. Thought I should race them to show them how the X kicks us (should mention that my ski is stock except for an R&D grate). Accelerated better of course but due to slight chop the IS was faster than me at top end due to its hull. The yamaha was exactly the same at top end and apparently its only 210hp!! I think the x hull really sucks cause it fails to use the extra HP. Anyway I rode the IS and was really impressed how comfortable it is at high speeds and light to medium chop. No way RTX-X or RXP-X can keep up with it at these conditions.
    Put the Yamaha rider in the Doo IS, then you have a faster ski and a rider You can't just judge skis from 1 to another by brand. The ski and the rider must bond as 1 to give you a better accurate results

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Put the Yamaha rider in the Doo IS, then you have a faster ski and a rider You can't just judge skis from 1 to another by brand. The ski and the rider must bond as 1 to give you a better accurate results
    +1

+1
    In which position was your VTS? Cause if its all athe way down then you loose speed. It must be down when you accelerate and immediately after that in the middle. Also, its totally normal these results cause since it had chop water then the ones who has the longer hull and the heavier that yours wins...its not that the x hull sucks.

I raced against an Ultra 250 x and 260x with Riva plate and scoop both of themand i kicked his ass totally (in salt water)! But the water was flat. In chopped water they raced agianst an RXT-X and the resukt was the same cause the hulls were longer in all 3 of them. This weekend we are going to race again even if the water is not flat. But i have tuned up mine with Rotax Racing stuff. I want to see ho it goes against them just for fun (even though i think i will win).

If you want the best results talk to Malte (reperfomance) to tell you all about the lightweight hull that zapata makes.

+1
    The Yammi's and seadoo gtx-is can't keep up with the x-ski's.

My ski is a rxt-x with some minor mods lets say a stage 1.

I races the yamaha fzr,and the gtx-is,totally blew them away!!!

The gtx-x rides ok in chop,but is just to heavy compared to the x-skis.

The fzr was stage 1 and still couldn't keep up.

Only explanation is the the 3- sitters perform better in chop,so the rxp-x has a little disadvantage but still wouldn't loose a race.

Just depends on who's the craziest in heavy chop ,and keeps full throttle all the way!

+1
    +1

+1
    Get them in some flat water then see how you walk away.

yes agree with all of the comments. I ride in salt water and it gets rough some times. I has my VTS full up when was going WOT but due to chop could feel the ski losing its grip and therefore speed... I think in flat water I would be much faster.. Later in the afternoon rode again against the IS but there were some 3 foot waves and he smoked me of course... He was easily doing 60+mph riding against the current in 3foot waves with not much discomfort... Anyway just wanted to share my thoughts on this.. Cant wait to see the 2010 skis

I have a GTX IS limited and I have raced a rxtx and in chop I blew him away. We then raced on calm water and I slowly pulled away and I mean slowly.

+1
    yes agree with all of the comments. I ride in salt water and it gets rough some times. I has my VTS full up when was going WOT but due to chop could feel the ski losing its grip and therefore speed..
    If you don't have them, get some gloves and good riding shoes. In the chop, put the trim at neutral or 1 below neutral not all the way up. Having it all the way up will cause the pump to come unhooked.

Stand up on the ski and distribute your weight between the handle bars and footwells. Use your legs like shock absorbers to keep the pump in the water and stay in the throttle. They key is to get the ski on top of the chop, but in a flat position so the pump can stay hooked up as much as possible. The RXP-X is better in straight line chop racing than most think, it just takes more rider ability to get the performance out of it than the three seaters.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information