+1

'00 SLX Pump Question

Hey all. I was following my '00 SLX last night and noticed a considerable amount of water leaking between the trim nozzle and the steering nozzle (between these two parts) when on the throttle.

Instantly, we took it back to the lift where I started it in the water just enough to get water to the pump but not too far that I couldn't see what was going on and everything looked correct to me but a ton of water was leaking all around between these two parts. I got sprayed in the face just standing beside the machine.

I don't remember ever seeing this before. Any ideas?

Thanks.

+1
    Trim nozzel not perfectly aligned, was it trimed up or down a little?...there will be water spraying between the two when trim up or down. Also, did you check to make sure all the fasterners are in place and tight? Is the trim rod connected?...sometimes they break off of the plastic trim nozzel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    Trim nozzel not perfectly aligned, was it trimed up or down a little?...there will be water spraying between the two when trim up or down. Also, did you check to make sure all the fasterners are in place and tight? Is the trim rod connected?...sometimes they break off of the plastic trim nozzel.
    Thanks for the reply and info. I am pretty sure the trim was either neutral or down as it throws a pretty good rooster if it's trimmed up much at all.

I looked at everything (fairly quickly) and did not see anything loose, missing or broken. The trim rod was connected. When I felt between the two pieces, I could feel the gap and it seems like water would escape here on all of these PWC's if mine is correct.

How is the trim nozzle adjusted? With the rod-end that attaches the linkage to the trim nozzle? Is there an alignment fore/aft (closing this gap I felt between the two parts)?

I will look at it more tonight.

+1
    The gap is there so it can turn on the pump nozzel...nothing you can do about it. There is no adjustment on the connecting rod. All you can do is to adjust your trim using the trim button. Push on the trim button downward and hold it until the trim nozzel is all the way pointing down and you hear a clicking sound coming from the motor...it's suppose to do that. Now push up on the trim button and watch your display meter. Stop when the display shows it to be centered. Go look at your trim nozzel...it should be centered...or at least close to being centered. You should align your trim nozzel this way every few times of riding...as it does slip on the plastic push wheel on the motor every so often.

+1

Looks like I need a trim nozzle

Thanks for the info 32Deg. Very helpful info.

I looked at the ski again last night closely and saw that the ear on the (plastic) trim nozzle is cracked and this allows the trim linkage to cock slightly which moves the trim nozzle a little bit away from the steering nozzle.

I need to get a trim nozzle. Anyone have one that would work?

+1
    You can still order them from Polaris...around $24.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    You can still order them from Polaris...around $24.
    Forgot to check this for a while.

Thanks for the info!

Thread Information