Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

08 215 rxt is the x charger worth it?

Hey guys just needed some advice. I was thinking about swapping my supercharger for the x charger and was wondering what was all involved with this? What do i need in addition to the supercharger and such?? Is there any write up on this? Also I am a mechanical person so was planning on doing this myself. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by nlpnrxt1 View Post
    Hey guys just needed some advice. I was thinking about swapping my supercharger for the x charger and was wondering what was all involved with this? What do i need in addition to the supercharger and such?? Is there any write up on this? Also I am a mechanical person so was planning on doing this myself. Thanks for the help.
    YES the x charger offers very good performance and its one of the best buys,but you will need to change out the washers for a set of RIVAS....AS THE STANDARD WASHERS ARE KNOWN TO FAIL

The x s/c comes with metal flat washers. You would also need to run 42 lb injectors and most-likely a repitched or heavier prop.

At the right price, it would be a great improvement.

Brendan

+1
    So aside from prop pitching on an RXT, you just need 42s to handle the stock X charger? Are the RXP-X stock injectors 42s? If that's the case I might just move my stock X charger and stock X injectors over to my GF's RXT so she can get a perf boost if (when) I move to a larger charger

Yes its worth it. It made one of our skis into an almost 76mph boat from a 69mph boat. it was cheap and easy to do. You will need injectors, sc, and an rrfpr. we built our rrfpr with ebay parts and had a tank adapter machined by beerdart. In the end it was a very cost-effective way to make a pretty fast ski.

Oh and obvioously to maximize that setup you want to do an external intercooler, remove opas, and do the exhaust- but I thought that went without saying

If you are looking for a build write up on it, check my sig. we did two skis, one rude, one x-charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    So aside from prop pitching on an RXT, you just need 42s to handle the stock X charger? Are the RXP-X stock injectors 42s? If that's the case I might just move my stock X charger and stock X injectors over to my GF's RXT so she can get a perf boost if (when) I move to a larger charger
    I MIGHT BE WRONG,i thought the stock x ran 42s,but being 14 not 12volt,they acted more like 50s than 42s in the X...BUT IM SURE YOU CAN USE THEM....SOMEONE WILL KNOW

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    I MIGHT BE WRONG,i thought the stock x ran 42s,but being 14 not 12volt,they acted more like 50s than 42s in the X...BUT IM SURE YOU CAN USE THEM....SOMEONE WILL KNOW

That's a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post

J- The stocks x injectors are 42's. I do not think you need to run an rrfpr with the stock ecu; however there is a chance you could lean out a bit up top, primarily in colder temps. I do know that the stock x fuel pump is stronger than the non-x or older pumps. An external i/c would definitely help any s/c above 9.5 lbs of boost.

Brendan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information