Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Green Wheel OR Gen II Wheel + XS innercooler + 42's

I ride in lake erie I think its about 570ft above sea level average summer water temp is around 70-75 although ive seen it 80 befor I will be riding in the colder month as well when its in the 60's. My question is if i do these mods will i need an RRFPRor can i get away with just adding 42's to help with the fueling without problems with my AFR ? I dont want toget into tuning RRFPR's so adding one is out of the question. I i cant run this set-up with out the rrfpr what would be the next best thing?

+1
    No problem at all just running the 42's

+1
    Saweet!!!! Guess i need to start saving now......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    I ride in lake erie I think its about 570ft above sea level average summer water temp is around 70-75 although ive seen it 80 befor I will be riding in the colder month as well when its in the 60's. My question is if i do these mods will i need an RRFPRor can i get away with just adding 42's to help with the fueling without problems with my AFR ? I dont want toget into tuning RRFPR's so adding one is out of the question. I i cant run this set-up with out the rrfpr what would be the next best thing?

I have a 07 RXP mods are Green wheel, 42's, Pirahana IC, Green Hulk waterbox, 4" Kana intake and a 15/20 impeller, it has been called old reliable here and it was modded at 5 hours in 07 and now has just about 95 hours, it has never been a problem and will run 75 mph on GPS all day every day, give or take a few .'s

ETA, to me this is the best, safest, most economical setup available. I have a stage 3+ that has had so much done to it, its a kick in the pants but, it was a exspensive road and she likes fuel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    I have a 07 RXP unni a Green wheel, 42's, Pirahana IC, Green Hulk waterbox, 4" Kana intake and a 15/20 impeller, it has been called old reliable here and it was modded at 5 hours in 07 and now has just about 95 hours, it has never been a problem and will run 75 mph on GPS all day every day, give or take a few .'s
    Ya thats the speed im looking for lol well see what happens this winter

+1
    I ride just north of you lake simcoe etc... I have the exact setup you posted, green wheel 42's and xs IC runs perfecly! I get around 75.5 out of it normally.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojamie View Post
    I ride just north of you lake simcoe etc... I have the exact setup you posted, green wheel 42's and xs IC runs perfecly! I get around 75.5 out of it normally.
    How many hr's do you have on this set-up?? Seems like people arent having any problems with these mods.

+1
    How many hr's do you have on this set-up?? Seems like people arent having any problems with these mods.

About 10ish hours so far a few rides in varrying temps and conditions I don't get out to ride to much.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    No problem at all just running the 42's
    Jerry,
    Sorry to jump in on this thread, I have just installed the green wheel charger, Fizzle IC and 42's a few weeks ago but havent had a chance to run it in the water yet. I have been mucking around at home with it on the hose just checking for leaks etc. I pulled the plugs the other day(brand new) and they look extremely fouled up from a total of maybe 10 - 20min on the hose. Now it is running really rough at idle and looks like its only firing on 2 cylinders. MIght be a coil havent tested yet, but plugs look very dark and wet.

Is this due to the 42's being a bit rich at idle and low revs? Should this clear up once its on the water and opened up for a while and not be a problem?

Cheers
    Ned

+1
    My elevation is 780, I'm in Eastern Washington State, We ride from late march or early April until the water gets dirty from spring thaw, than go right back out when it clears. I have ridden in water temp ranges from 60* to 72* with air temps from upper 60's to over 100*. Today I went out and it was 82* with a water temp of 68*. Didnt GPS the boat ut i can tell you it ran as it always does, strong. I also now am at 97 hours, and really need to look at getting the SC looked at, although jerry rebuilt it, with his washers and a green wheel, the SC doesnt seem to be loosing anything but, it does have 91 hours on it, but it should make it until winter tear down. Like I said, I have not had any problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information