Beach House sponsons at RXP-X

What’s special in Beach House sponsons? For example Mr. Zapata using them on the majority of his skis for closed course racings. Just for your information I have attached some photos of his STX-R and Zapata hull with BH sponsons. Also you can find BH on his “new” GTI with two engines.
    So what is the idea of having short sponsons in closed loop? What is the difference between long and short in CC? Did any one tried short sponsons on RXP, RXP-X hulls in CC?
    I have found some online stores (e.g. http://www.watercraftwerks.com/index...acturers_id=22) with BH sponsons… but no short sponsons available for RXP or RXP-X. Is STX-R 1200 02-05 will be suitable to RXP-X with slight modification?
    Article about Zapata’s ski: http://www.jetskiworld.gr/articlevie...ng.php?id=1943
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach house.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	148758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach house 2.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	148759  

+1
    The thing with Zapatas Hull is that its not the same as a rxp or rxp-x hull. Also he runs with trim tabs and his ride plate moves somehow as well. That is on the red RXP looking ski anyways.

His new ski is something else altogether.

The best thing you can do to your rxp-x for CC racing is to drop the sponsons. Trust me!

Take them down by 20-25mm the lower you go the more aggresive they will be. Also I would get a lowering block and new handlebars for the steering.

There is not 1 rider that rides a RXP or RXP-X in the british championship without dropped sponsons, It is hands down the best handeling setup. R88

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    The thing with Zapatas Hull is that its not the same as a rxp or rxp-x hull. Also he runs with trim tabs and his ride plate moves somehow as well. That is on the red RXP looking ski anyways.

His new ski is something else altogether.

The best thing you can do to your rxp-x for CC racing is to drop the sponsons. Trust me!

Take them down by 20-25mm the lower you go the more aggresive they will be. Also I would get a lowering block and new handlebars for the steering.

There is not 1 rider that rides a RXP or RXP-X in the british championship without dropped sponsons, It is hands down the best handeling setup. R88
    Thanks man.

I have heard about dropped sponsons and definitely will try them soon. )) However, I am searching for some new – “old” ideas!! That was the reason, of my question.

Is someone riding with trim tabs and movable ride plate in the british championship?

R88,

What is 88 Adjustable Nozzle at your footer?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by justcosta View Post
    R88,

What is 88 Adjustable Nozzle at your footer?
    Its an adjustable diameter nozzle just like the riva 1 you can buy. Change out rings to change the diameter and rpm.

I made it myself so just named it 88. R88

+1
    Thanks man.

Is someone riding with trim tabs and movable ride plate in the british championship?
    No body who rides an RXP is. The manual trim tabs are only allowed in GP/Superstock Class. There are only about 5 full GP/Superstock guys that race over here although there are other riders that ride limited boats ect ect in GP with good results. R88

Its an adjustable diameter nozzle just like the riva 1 you can buy. Change out rings to change the diameter and rpm.

I made it myself so just named it 88. R88
    Already installed =)) I thought may be it's something like in the force air plane (i.e. SU-27) ))) Which may be adjusted during the ride =)))

+1
    Already installed =)) I thought may be it's something like in the force air plane (i.e. SU-27) ))) Which may be adjusted during the ride =)))
    That could be a good mod best of both worlds, savage accel and high top speed. R88

That could be a good mod best of both worlds, savage accel and high top speed. R88
    ... that is the future of "skis". So let's come back to short sponsons on RXP hull. Did someone tried?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-F-15_Eagle_Nozzles.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	148760  

+1
    Here is 1 pic of a setup but it has trim tabs as well. This is James Bushells Boat from a while ago.

Thread Information