+1

WTB: Black seat Handle and black storgae lid.

Hey all im looking to change the orange seat handle to Black along with the small storage lid on my P-X any thoughts of suggestions on where i can get?

The grab handle is only 60 bucks in the online store.

I will trade you a black one for that one if youre interested. LMK.

You may just want to consider buying one new in the online store as well. They become faded VERY easily and it is likely that a used one is going to have some discoloration.

Im a big fan of taking those off and painting them to match the ski. If you dont like the orange, consider getting a cheap faded one and painted it silver to match the rest of the hood. Just an idea.

+1
    what do you paint with?

Im not digging the orange anymore so the seat is goin for a new cover as well.

Im going to post a DIY thread very soon on this topic because its worthwhile. Its NOT difficult and the supplies in total will run you around $50.

You need to go to a paint shop that supplies paint to body shops and have them scan your hood then make the paint and put it into a spray can. IF you are lucky, they can integrate the clear coat. A spray can of paint will cost roughly $20.

You need to sand it first with a VERY fine grit and then primer it using URETHANE FLEXIBLE PLASTIC PRIMER. Do NOT use Rustoleum from lowes. It has an oil in it that will reject the paint. Once you have primered it and it has dried (1hr minimum) scuff it with scotch brite and smooth it over. After scuffing it, clean it down with alcohol and then wipe it dry with a paper towel. Try not to get your oily fingerprints on the painted surface in the meantime.
    Then, lay down three coats of the paint with the can six inches away in a slow, even back and forth movement. Wait 3-5 minutes in between coats.

After ten minutes from the third coat of paint begin applying the clearcoat (if the clearcoat is separate). Again, do not use lowes clearcoat. It will not go down as easy and is very likely to come out fish-eyed. Buy the clearcoat from the same place you get the paint (professional grade). Do three coats of clearcoat 3-5 minutes apart and then let it dry overnight before you touch it. Do it in your basement where it is cool. You will be VERY satisfied with the results if you follow my directions.
    Buy a faded black hood from some one and follow these steps, then sell your orange one. Ill trade you a black one if youd like. Just LMK

+1
    good looks. ill give it a shot.

when you paint plastics, its ALL In the prep work. follow my directions and youll be happy with the results. Do not experiment with lowes or walmart paint/prep products to save some coin, you will end up having to re-do it. just look for a paint shop in your area that supplies body shops and makes dupont paint or something of that quality.

Im going to do another top compartment lid soon and also the little storage compartment lid in front of the seat. Im going to post up a DIY thread when I do.

Thread Information