Entire Electrical swap 650-750?

Hello all,

What I have done is taken an entire system- Electrical box, wiring, coils CDI- everything from the 650 motor, and placed it on the 750 motor Stator and matching Mag everything I possibly could. Nothing is seperate. The 650 Ran before i took everything out.

Now once installed in the 750. It cranks and is showing power everywhere, but of course no spark.

Also, I have a constant power when hooked to the battery - coming from the Blue-red wire FROM the stator. Where could that power come from?

Any Ideas?

must have something hooked up wrong.. check your grounds and go from there..

All my grounds are correct. Wiring looks to be perfect. I have even gotten to the point where everything is disconnected. Eliminating any source preventing spark, just CDI, COILS, And stator. Then jumping the solinoid to get the motor turned, and nothing. Would I need a CDI possible throughout the swap?

+1
    Did you change the flywheel and stator?

Yes everything that came out of the 650 is now on the 750. To my understanding the motors are the same- minus the bore size.

To confirm. The stator, wiring, electrical box, coils and CDI from the 650 are now all attached to the 750 block in the ski.

One odd thing is that the Blue/Red coming from the stator is showing power. The only power going to the stator is from the RESET SWITCH, to the stator. I by-passed this, and still no spark.

THe strange part is that the 650 ran fine, after swaping everything, its not working. I'm missing something, somewhere...

Try checking everything with an ohm meter.. specs are in the manual (on this site somewhere). check stator pulse coil and ignition coils, might as well check the charging coils too.. lets see what else.. cdi is bad if everything else checks out good.. are the e-box grounds tied into the battery ground?

No the E-box isn't tied to it. I'll try that right now. Thanks!

No luck. Grounded box to battery. Still nothing.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian_recreation View Post
    ...taken an entire system- Electrical box, wiring, coils CDI...from the 650 motor, and placed it on the 750 motor Stator and matching Mag everything I possibly could. Nothing is separate. The 650 Ran before i took everything out.

Now once installed in the 750. It cranks and is showing power everywhere, but of course no spark.

Also, I have a constant power when hooked to the battery - coming from the Blue-red wire FROM the stator. Where could that power come from?

Any Ideas?
    Are you sure that combination of 650 CDI and 750 stator is compatible?

What model years were the 650 and 750?

Polaris Fuji (blue) engine

How to test CDI, Magneto stator coils & Ignition coils on Fuji engines

Did you ohm check the 750 stator?
    Sounds like you have a wiring error, or an internal short between the charging coil and the Blue/Red coil to the CDI.

Thread Information