Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar

Fz safe for offshore/big chop

Am I was wondering is the fz/sho safe enough to ride in light chop heavy chop to offshore water now and then? Well there is the problem with the pump tunnel I heard having a weak area and am is this just with very modified ski's? or is this from stock to slightly modded?
    I am interested in the fz and Sho but worried about the hull getting beat up offshore or in heavy chopSafe or unsafe?

+1
    My SHO takes the really rough stuff great.

Anyone think the nano excell stuff is to weak? for the chop/offshore racing? or is it just with ski's that have alot of mods?

the nano excell is a good hull.the fz/sho are good crafts for offshore trust me but if u get a SHO u need to do the tunnel reinforcement inside becuase it will go sometime down the line.but the fz to me is the best thing to go with

+1
    I've heard that the Nano hull is a bit weaker than the traditional fibreglass. But I've been told once you get the tunnel re-inforcement (actually getting mine done next week) all should be good.

I believe Brown's has one Black 09 SHO in stock. Not sure how much you could save buy buying in FL and shipping. I heard the duty is a b|tch, which is why I bought mine from Brown's.

I'm not a pro rider buy any means but I've felt good on mine. I haven't been outside the reef yet though.

Wave jumping

I have a related question:

How do the FZ hulls hold up to wave jumping when compared to 250/260X and RXP/T-X (I am not talking about new 2010 RXT-X 260, obviously no one knows about that one yet.)? I spend a lot of my time jumping yacht waves on my 250X couch and have never seen any signs of damage/etc.

If I could trust the FZ hull to withstand wave jumping, I could defiantly see myself buying one as I already know that they kick ass in all of the other areas I care about.

good point guys and yea if they can withstand it I will buy one if money is good

why you never come str8 to me and ask lol, they are great for offshore with no problems, most the time on my ski is in the ruff. and you lookin at well over 100 hrs.

true cuzz lol haha well guess I coming yami soon then

Quote Originally Posted by #22gpr View Post
    why you never come str8 to me and ask lol, they are great for offshore with no problems, most the time on my ski is in the ruff. and you lookin at well over 100 hrs.
    Thx for the info, that in encouraging. Have you had any experience wave jumping it? If so, does the hull seem to take it okay (ie are you concerned that it will crack/break)?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information