Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

I am A DickHead (XS Intercooler please check)

Guy s I am lost for words i now scared of what Bumble Bee is really capable off.

Ok story goes i bought a few XS intercooler from (Jfizzle) the man great product anyway one of the boys installed his cooler straight away with great results.
    The second guy wanted to pay me later and take the cooler, well that wasn’t happening as I had been warned not to.
    The original guy that had installed his cooler 1st is a very good friend of mine.
    His ski was always doing 80mph+ but on the last two outings he been complaining ski not going as hard as it should. He got to gps it, only to find its doing 75mph. We where scratching our heads when he released his BOV was leaking and he was loosing boost.
    In the mean time the second guy come to collect his cooler after 4 months, no joke, so i was right not to give him the cooler and him pay me later. Anyway he paid me and was installing it when the 1st guy looked at the cooler and realises something and works out why his ski has lost speed and boost. His original intercooler bracket broke so he re located the cooler and he didn’t t use the mounting bosses on the XS cooler and didn’t t block them off so it was leaking through the 2 mounting bosses on the side of the cooler so he found his problem.

Its funny how everything happens at the same time well the secret is I’ll be selling Bumble Bee soon yes I’ll go into it later. Well yesterday we hit the water to take some video footage of the ski and having a gps and camera mounted and Tony (FZR N) seeing the ski in action KEEP IN MIND HERE my ski always cracks 90mph. Yesterday was no different the only thing is that I was on the rev limiter at 8650rpms, the difference was fresh water where i usually ride salt water.

Anyway I get home check my ski after hearing about the mounting bolt holes not been plugged. I know on my ski I am using an RXP-X bracket with straps and YESSSS no plugs are on the mounting bolts and pissing out air everywhere.

I have done 29hrs and ski has always performed and cracked 90mph+ every outing.
    This is no joke I was listing the ski for sale next week but now I can’t as I have to see what it can really do but where do I start as the ski is already on the rev limiter leaking air out of the intercooler and my boost gauge shows 15psi all the time…… where do i start…. ???

What prop will I need? I am currently running a 15/22.5 solas 4 blade, I’m wondering if the ski will go harder. I am sure it will once I throw 2 bolts in there to stop the air leak. Any one can lend me a prop????

anyway here a pic you can see no block off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2277.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	148881  

Banned User
    +1

Block the plugs, go back out, see what your throttle position is when you hit the limiter (like 1/2 throttle, 3/4, etc)...Let us know what you find and we'll help you figure out the next prop setup...

+1
    You can see why i feel like a dick something so simple to miss...

+1
    I must say I had to Laugh when I got the phone call this morning... I can't wait to see what it will do now

+1
    Probably a 23.5 or 24!!! Maintain the pitch a good 25mm.

I see 94+ in the near future!!

PS. Its going to go bigtime lean also!! Be careful.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Probably a 23.5 or 24!!! Maintain the pitch a good 25mm.

I see 94+ in the near future!!

PS. Its going to go bigtime lean also!! Be careful.
    So once i plug the hole up it will be lean your saying Duke.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Thats right Mike... I didn't think of that.. but that is correct... because you set the AFR's while the leaks were there... now that there will be more air... it will still put the same amount of fuel in as before, as there is now more air going to the engine, that means it will be a leaner air fuel ratio.

starting from scratch again :P

The ski will be more responsive off the mark too... as if it doesn't rip your arms out of their sockets already.... I still can't believe it !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    Absolutely!

+1
    good find

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    good find
    Honestly where lucky one of th boys said should i block these holes off i would of never know like i said ski runs very strong and I ve done 29hrs ride time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information