Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Update on RXTX tunnel Crack

Just got off the phone with my dealer Pro Power Sports of Conroe. They thought my ski (08 RXTX) may have been ready today, but the fiberglass repair shop told him that he was having trouble with all the air pockets (surprise) in the tunnel area and that I would not get the ski till next week. Dealer also said they understand now why BRP did not hassle them on the repair. Makes me wonder, how many are out there cracked and the owners dont have a clue. They definately will find out when it sinks, luckly I installed a bilge pump. I cant say enough about Pro Power Sports of Conroe and Shawn Smith. It might be taking a long time for it to get repaired (they have had it since July) but they did not try to put up a fight and not repair it. If your dealer is telling you that the repair is not covered under warranty then they are giving you the shaft.

+1

Smile Another quality Texas Dealership!

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Just got off the phone with my dealer Pro Power Sports of Conroe. They thought my ski (08 RXTX) may have been ready today, but the fiberglass repair shop told him that he was having trouble with all the air pockets (surprise) in the tunnel area and that I would not get the ski till next week. Dealer also said they understand now why BRP did not hassle them on the repair. Makes me wonder, how many are out there cracked and the owners dont have a clue. They definately will find out when it sinks, luckly I installed a bilge pump. I cant say enough about Pro Power Sports of Conroe and Shawn Smith. It might be taking a long time for it to get repaired (they have had it since July) but they did not try to put up a fight and not repair it. If your dealer is telling you that the repair is not covered under warranty then they are giving you the shaft.
    Glad to hear another Texas Dealership is doing right by you! Did the dealer eat the cost himself or did he get Seadoo to warrant it? My dealer fixed mine and was arguing with Seadoo at the time. By the way, I have 25 hours on my ski since my repaired tunnel and so far no cracks and no issues!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Glad to hear another Texas Dealership is doing right by you! Did the dealer eat the cost himself or did he get Seadoo to warrant it? My dealer fixed mine and was arguing with Seadoo at the time. By the way, I have 25 hours on my ski since my repaired tunnel and so far no cracks and no issues!!

Do you have a self help on the outside repair? I used yours and SXT Performances for the inside.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Glad to hear another Texas Dealership is doing right by you! Did the dealer eat the cost himself or did he get Seadoo to warrant it?
    Dealer told me BRP was going to cover it under warranty.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Do you have a self help on the outside repair? I used yours and SXT Performances for the inside.
    Sorry NO self help because my tunnel repair was done by a professional fiberglass repair company. But, I talked to the guy who did the work. On the water side, he said he used a "barrel sander" to grind down the fiberglass until all of the spider cracks disapeared. He said the side wall of the tunnel was very thin and the fiberglass had very few strands. He said the cracks were very deep and a "catastrophic failure" would have happened soon! Like STS and others.

Once ground completely down to the foam inner layer he rebuilt the fiberglass back up, with thick standed fiberglass and resin, re-gel coat and paint. Looks new again, very professional job.

It took a pro 11 hours of work to fix the water side and re-inforce the inside, (pics you have seen). Cost my dealer $1100..............

Unless you have extensive fiberglass knowledge and tools I would have a professional company do this kind of major work.

Good Luck

+1
    glad you got it fixed Troy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    glad you got it fixed Troy
    Thanks Billy, wish we could have got it back for this weekend, but luckly we have our back-up ski. So all is not lost, plus I feel like it is getting fixed right and we wont have to worry about it anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Thanks for posting the above. The last time I visited ProPowerSports of Conroe, everyone there feigned knowledge of the weak RXTX tunnels. This is important to me as I bought both of my RXTX's from them. Glad to hear they & BRP have acknowledged the problem!

Also, who exactly is repairing your bike?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Also, who exactly is repairing your bike?
    Shawn told me, but I dont remember. When I pick it up I will find out and pass it along.

+1
    Ok, Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information