info on 1994 waveraider

I've got a line on one of these, for the wife / kids to join me when I tour.

don't know much about them. What varieties did they come in? only the 700cc? are they as bulletproof as the 1200? how do they ride? my wife hates riding back seat on the 1200 because all I have it set up for speed not comfort.

what's a good price?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gp1200joe View Post
    I've got a line on one of these, for the wife / kids to join me when I tour.

don't know much about them. What varieties did they come in? only the 700cc? are they as bulletproof as the 1200? how do they ride? my wife hates riding back seat on the 1200 because all I have it set up for speed not comfort.

what's a good price?

i got mine for $425 with a trailer. needed minor work to get it running. they only came 700cc in 94. very quick off the line, definetly not a cruiser, can throw you off if you dont know how to ride it. it is a BLAST to ride. i have a 1100 venture also, which is better if im going long distances, but for just going out and screwing around, the raider is def more fun. the worst thing about it, is almost no storage space.

If she's looking for comfort, she probably won't like the Raider. I've had my 96 since it was new and it's definitely a lot of fun, but not really comfortable on a long ride by any stretch of the imagination. If there's any chop at all, it skitters across the water (I read somewhere on here that riding a Raider was like riding a pissed-off paper plate ) and splashes you in the face. The 94 is definitely a quicker ski than the 96 from what I've heard, just FYI. BUT - my Raider is bulletproof as far as I'm concerned. Just my 2 cents.

mine is a 1100 and it is a blast,, they are described as a straight line runner like a 60's muscle car,

turning can take some getting used to.

I will keep mine for a long time to come,

Quote Originally Posted by dghal View Post
    mine is a 1100 and it is a blast,, they are described as a straight line runner like a 60's muscle car,

turning can take some getting used to.

I will keep mine for a long time to come,
    +1 on all of that - and i'll probably keep mine (the 700) until it just won't go anymore.

Raiders are tough to ride double on and not much fun in chop, but give me a smooth lake and some good wakes and I'll ride all day.

Thread Information