Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Swapping RIVA washers

Is it safe to swap some low hour RIVA washers from one S/C to another provided everything looks normal and the slip is set correctly ? Thanks !!!

+1
    Anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Anybody?
    if they are for the same charger,in spec,and the slip comes up to scratch....cant see why not.I have removed some [email protected] washers to try rivas,then reinstalled the [email protected] probs

+1
    Thanks Mark !

Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Thanks Mark !
    no probs....if it helps the RIVAS i swapped did 5hrs.... in an x charger,then i put them in my rude1..no probs,just check the slip,you be fine...

+1
    Yes, the new riva washers are very strong. Swap them out if they are the same year charger.

+1
    Speaking of old riva washers...I just pulled out a stageIII charger with the old metal ones, and the back one was cracked (but still on the shaft), AND Guess where the other one went.... Needless to say he's got a lot of work to do ahead of him this weekend.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    Speaking of old riva washers...I just pulled out a stageIII charger with the old metal ones, and the back one was cracked (but still on the shaft), AND Guess where the other one went.... Needless to say he's got a lot of work to do ahead of him this weekend.
    ya it wasnt how i thought i would be spending my weekend ...pulling the motor ..it really wasnt as bad as i thought it would be..a couple of hours and it was out and a couple more and had the back cover off ...hidden bolt behind the thermostat kicked my butt for a bit ...

i bought my riva washers in aug sep 07 they only have about 50 hours on them ..didnt get ridden much when gas was 4 a gal ...thought i was doing a good thing getting rid of the ceramic ones...to avoud this.. so if yours are from that time frame check them

i found a little over half of it recognizable..other wise i have metal grit and chunks....in the oil catch pan.. surprisingly there was hardly any metal in the oil filter...that worries me ..any suggestions on what i should do to remove the residual grit from inside the motor .. thre has to be some in there and since we dont drain our oil...we suck it out... oil chages arent going to flush them out ...they will sit in the bottom ..afraid eventually the will find there way to a berring and boom ...

love to go big but my wallet isnt so ...just need to make it ..stay together

+1
    Pull the front scavenger pump assy off the front of the motor,( http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=149&B=5 ) and clean the screen up there, thats probably where the rest of the big chunks went. As for the little grit, maybe pull the oil cooler off, and clean /blow out, and try to flush the block out with some gasoline, and air. The screens are pretty good at picking up the little stuff if u miss any. Might have to run it , then re check at least the front screen after u get it back together.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    thx jason ill do that ..just need to get some parts and i can start putting it back together ...broke the oil pressure switch trying to tap the cover off...bad bounce..i guess...over all not nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be..but then it isnt running yet ..ill need you to help me check the cam timing..everything looks ok but a check wont hurt ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information