Thread: WOT

+1

WOT

i seem to be running my skis at WOT a lot. how many seconds can you run WOT, before you should take a brake and let the motor cool down?

if you are jetted correct it will not matter..

I have a shifter kart with a CR125 motor on some big road course's you flat foot 97% of the track, I use a My-Chron system to monitor the engine, But usually if something is amiss at 12,500 there is no time to shut down and save it,

So on the ski as long as you have good gas, good oil, I do not think there is not a problem,,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dghal View Post
    if you are jetted correct it will not matter..

I have a shifter kart with a CR125 motor on some big road course's you flat foot 97% of the track, I use a My-Chron system to monitor the engine, But usually if something is amiss at 12,500 there is no time to shut down and save it,

So on the ski as long as you have good gas, good oil, I do not think there is not a problem,,

cool, thats what i figured. i can ran my banshees WOT for a long time, no problem, so i just wanted to check about the skiis, since im new to the waverunners.

If you have any simple engine mods like raised compression, an extra cooling line to the head would be good.

I recommend switching to a quality premix oil also.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CatRunner View Post
    If you have any simple engine mods like raised compression, an extra cooling line to the head would be good.

I recommend switching to a quality premix oil also.

i cant switch to premix, i like to ride my ski far from where i launch, and almost always have to buy gas on the water. i live in nyc, and we go all around the city, to long island, etc on our skis. im running amsoil interceptor thru the injection.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    So keep a gallon on board, and a mixing bottle. I fill up on the water all the time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    So keep a gallon on board, and a mixing bottle. I fill up on the water all the time.

gallon AND a mixing bottle?! that sounds like it would take up a LOT of beer storage room. do you mean just like a ratio bottle, and mix it in the tank? this also would be impossible with the raider, i can barely fit a few bottles of water in that ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    gallon AND a mixing bottle?! that sounds like it would take up a LOT of beer storage room. do you mean just like a ratio bottle, and mix it in the tank? this also would be impossible with the raider, i can barely fit a few bottles of water in that ski.
    I keep a quart or fill water bottles of oil on long rides. And then just mix it at the pump, from all the movement on the water the oil mixes up with the fuel.

+1
    i dont trust mixing in the tank, i have had to change a lot of peoples pistons on banshees who mix in the tank. if i maintain and inspect my oil system, i should have no problem with it.

+1
    x2...i like the water bottles, fill a few 20 oz. up to water ever the mix is for 5 or 6 gal. I can get 6 gallons taken care of with 19 oz of oil.

To your question though. I run my 1200 wot for several minutes at a time while crusing up/down river.

Thread Information