Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1

can't believe it

After work i decided to take my daughters SHO out to break it in with Leo, dropped it in the water and went to park the car then i got on the ski started it and gave it some gas I'm thinking to myself man this ski is cavitating bad then it clicked i guess my brain took a while forget cavitating this ski is not moving. I'm thinking to myself you got to be kidding a brand new ski and it don't move, Put it on the trailer and pulled the pump out looked at the pump no impeller on there, Then i looked inside and the impeller was lodged in the spacer. I'm thinking to myself you got to be friken kidding. After a little pulling i was able to get the impeller out and put it on and tighten it.

Then i took it out and ran it for 1.5 hours with no other issues and with 1/2 tank it gps at 67 mph. i felt better after riding it.

+1
    Glad you got it back up and rolling! Not a bad # for stock Wait till you add the extra parts! Lee

Glad you got it working Jim how does the sho handle waves compared to the xll (besides being a lot slower). Ron

thats the same speed as the seadoo 255gtx IS stock

+1

Thumbs up

Reving these ski up on the trailer with no load on the pump impeller! These skis rev up quick and de accellerate very quickly causing the prop to spin it self loose on the shaft. These props need to be very tight on the shaft and don't snap the throttle open and closed so fast when the ski is not in the water use only moderate throttle movement while flushing or blowing water from the exhaust. Tommy Jordan

+1

Cool

Yamaha had that problem when they first came out with fx140,guys at the factory did not crank down on prop and if you were to free rev it on trailer 1st time it would back off ,you would think by now that would be fixed-but I guess not

later cd

+1
    must have built on a Friday good numbers though

+1

How ya feelin Leo?

+1
    Glad to see you figured it out so quickly!! Makes me think a little less about Yami every second.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    After work i decided to take my daughters SHO out to break it in with Leo, dropped it in the water and went to park the car then i got on the ski started it and gave it some gas I'm thinking to myself man this ski is cavitating bad then it clicked i guess my brain took a while forget cavitating this ski is not moving. I'm thinking to myself you got to be kidding a brand new ski and it don't move, Put it on the trailer and pulled the pump out looked at the pump no impeller on there, Then i looked inside and the impeller was lodged in the spacer. I'm thinking to myself you got to be friken kidding. After a little pulling i was able to get the impeller out and put it on and tighten it.

Then i took it out and ran it for 1.5 hours with no other issues and with 1/2 tank it gps at 67 mph. i felt better after riding it.
    Sorry to hear it Jim but thank goodness you are a mechanic and was able to get it taken care of fast without damage..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information