Buy American or Learn To Read This: >^$"#[email protected]*$:?</

Looking for buyer advice on 96 hx

I never owned seadoo brand before. But I kind of like the 1 seater for jumping wakes. Is this a good ski? How fast is it? etc? What is it worth with brand new engine top and bottom and bearings all done right?

I was also told to stay away from pre 96 models, is there a reason why?

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    The HX is a tricky ski to ride, If you fall off in the water the best way to get back on it is to grab the ski on the left side, grab the handlebars and hit the start button, you will have to gun it so it will pull you up.

The HX comes with a 720. If your looking for a great wave jumping ski look into the xp or spx models with the 800 engine. They are the best power to weight ratio boats in that engine size. And if you add mods to the engine down the road, the 800 will be the better engine than the 720 to do that.

The HX carves like a motorcycle and goes about 52-53

The 800 xp or spx goes about 55-56

You can actually ride 2 people on a xp or spx if the weight limit doesn't exceed 325lbs. You cannot ride 2 on an HX.

Keep this in mind if your a single guy looking to maybe pick up a few Hottie's at the beach.

The reason for th HX was i want to jump wakes mostly and be able to carve like a motorcycle and like the shock seat. I have ridden my friends xp800 and didn't care for it and was slower by about 3-4 mph than my sltx 1050. I have seen others brag about the handling of the HX but hard to get on at first. Was wondering if swim step would help? Also heard about stabilization platform? Have any ideas? Group k say they have also done a lot of modifications on the 96 HX and had great results

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by 96sltx1050 View Post
    The reason for th HX was i want to jump wakes mostly and be able to carve like a motorcycle and like the shock seat. I have ridden my friends xp800 and didn't care for it and was slower by about 3-4 mph than my sltx 1050. I have seen others brag about the handling of the HX but hard to get on at first. Was wondering if swim step would help? Also heard about stabilization platform? Have any ideas? Group k say they have also done a lot of modifications on the 96 HX and had great results
    The best mod is dropping an 800 engine in it...

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    If your looking for speed the HX will really get smoked by your 1050.

The 800cc engine on the other hand, with just a couple mods will smoke that polaris.

Say if i wanted to drop a 800 engine in it, would I have to do any others swaps as well. Or does everything else match up? it already has a concord race impeller.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    you have to do some hull modification to mount the 800 in the HX. you will basically need a donor boat with a 800

size.. has an impact too! Being 6'1 and 210 when I had my 95 HX made it a little unstable in no wake zones. they have a very narrow hull. but it does cut tight and was a lot of fun to ride. add a coffman pipe (suppose to add 20hp to the 85hp stock motor will get you close to a stock 800 performance.) I enjoy the shock seat, makes it a little easier on my back. had surgery once. so trying to limit the impact to my back.

the XP Limited with the 951 is a fun ski! and when we go out on a ski outting, it always seems to be the ones everyone talks about at the end
    of the evening!

thats my 2 cents, everyone has great advice here, awesome site to get help and advice! if you just want to get some high air, and not so worried about speed, and like the tight cutting turns you can carve on
    the HX! then its not a bad choice!

HX's were made in '95 through '97

Best year is '97 for a number of reasons but very few are available. '95 had problems with the Splined Drive Shaft which was changed to a damper style in '96

'96 Water Box was also greatly improved over the '95

'97 has DESS and different Carb. jetting for slightly better acceleration

They all have the 717 85 h.p. engine and Carve Buoys like a knife.

--DvD

Thread Information