Midland Michigan

UPDATE Oops - Look what can happen

Got out of the walking cast about 2 weeks ago. Been DOOing the physical therapy stuff for about 6 weeks. No longer using crutches or a cane. Have gained back about 70% movement in the joint - it will never be back 100% but we are very optimistic at getting 95%. I only missed one week of work.

Yesterday we went to the lake and the wife let me ride the GTX. It might still be a little to soon to get on the RXP. I rode for about two hours - it was great being back on the water even though it was on a floating couch. Had a few runs over 60mph and did some high speed turns. Not sure how fast I am going anymore, lost the GPS in the accident After we were done the ankle was achy but did not hurt. I will keep on doing my stretches and exercises and I know that I will be back soon DOOing it on the RXP

I want to thank everyone for their support!

It has helped keep my spirits up throughout this ordeal

Oops - look what can happen
    On Father's Day my wife and I decided to head out to the lake for a couple of hours before dinner. On my first ride, btw I was wearing Jet Pilot rubber boots, I was warming up the ski and getting used to the lake and conditions, I was going around 50mph and doing some shallow S-turns. I was merrily on my way when I went over a small wave and the bow caught in the face of the next wave spinning the Doo underneath me, my rubber boot, along with my foot got wedged in the footwell, while the rest of me was launched over the opposite side of the ski - as soon as I took my first stroke underwater I knew my leg was messed up. I made it back to the ski hauled myself up using just upper body strength and my ankle was just dangling at the end of my leg inside the boot. I made it back to the dock area and the sheriffs called the ambulance. My ankle was broke in three places, being wedged in the footwell it was twisted and then was popped out of joint. After two hours of surgery and 9 screws and a metal plate the ankle was back together. I can not put any weight on it for 4 weeks then I will have the pleasure of going through physical therapy for another 4 to 8 weeks - shot the hell out of my summer. Sheriffs think that it was probably a rogue wave created by multiple wakes - sometimes the wakes and waves merge and just pop up bigger than you think they should.

Moral of the story - accidents can happen anywhere anytime but I will never ride any different

hopefully come September I can throw a wetsuit on and get a couple rides in before the skis are winterized
    Attached Thumbnails

good to hear you are doing well,PLEASE take it easy till you are fully healed up
    but a big high five for getting back on the water

Thread Information