Thread: Newb Question

Newb Question

So I have been doing alot of research and happen to see some photos with modifications on members GP1200r.
    What are these and what is their purpose? (See photos, I drew an arrow to these)
    There is a gauge of some sort in the first pic.

+1
    1st picture appears to be a choke lever on the left and some type of guage possibly water temp.

pictures 2 & 3 are water bypass fittings. They are used with Jetworks valves like you would for the IR/Fercho hole shot kit if your not using the stealth kit or if your using a jetworks valve for other water pressure relief. Also you can dump/divert #2 and #3 cylinders water lines with a tee fitting and have the water divert out a water by pass fitting which can help create more RPMS. And the silver piece on the side of the ski is a Bilge fitting for a second bilge.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ht=pissing+GPR
    http://www.blowsion.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UJS02001
    http://www.blowsion.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=UJS02200

+1
    The arrows in the first picture are pointing to a carb primer on the left, and probably a fuel pressure gauge on the right. On carbureted skis, the choke plates are removed and a primer is installed for starting. The removed choke plates help the carbs flow more air which helps power and peak RPMs. The fuel pressure gauge is to monitor fuel pressure. If its a conversion ski, it may be a boost pressure gauge. On the last 2 pictures, all the items pointed to are water pissers or bypass fittings. These are so water can be dumped overboard. Various modifications call for these fittings. When you see a lot for them on one ski, its a sign that the ski may be triple piped as each pipe needs a pisser, so beware before you race them! Triple pipes, Island racing or Fercho's holeshot kit, cooling system modifications etc. These all require water to be dumped overboard and some use the bypass fittings you have pointed out to do so.

+1
    ooops I meant primer not choke

Cool. Thanks everyone.
    So I am assuming I won't have to install any of these if I just plan on installing an intake grate, ride plate, pump shoe seal kit and maybe an impeller?

+1
    First pic is Fercho's ski, primer on the left, fuel on the right.. Jetworks and 2 water outlets on the second pic. Third pic (thats my ski) 3 head and 3 triple pipe water outlets. The 1/2 " is the bilge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf Junkie View Post
    Cool. Thanks everyone.
    So I am assuming I won't have to install any of these if I just plan on installing an intake grate, ride plate, pump shoe seal kit and maybe an impeller?
    Correct

Thread Information