Low Fuel RPM limit - MSX 150

Just curious. Does the MSX 150 do any RPM limiting when low fuel symbol comes on, or does it just run normally until out of fuel?

FLN

+1
    Hi FLN,

Good to hear the ski is going OK. What was the oil in water problem and fix?

Oh and to answer your question the red warning and fuel indicator flash - no RPM limiting.

Cheers

Oil in water problem

Thanks for the reply Kosh. As it turned out, when I put the engine back in, the hose from the oil coor pinched. After I freed up the hose, I changed the oil twice, changed the oil filter. Good as new.

Thanks for all the guidance. I was getting pretty frustrated, but I'm glad I didn't stop trying to fix it. I think if greenhulk didn't exist, I never could have figured it out myself.

Thanks again,
    FLN

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancenovelist View Post
    Thanks for the reply Kosh. As it turned out, when I put the engine back in, the hose from the oil [cooler] pinched. After I freed up the hose, I changed the oil twice, changed the oil filter. Good as new.

Thanks for all the guidance. I was getting pretty frustrated, but I'm glad I didn't stop trying to fix it. I think if greenhulk didn't exist, I never could have figured it out myself.

Thanks again,
    FLN
    Did you update your original thread with the conclusion/resolution?

Any photos or tips for the next guy?

Makes me say HMMM

Funny you ask this question, if you read my thrread titled 2004 MSX-150 Surges and MAX RPM 5850.
    My ski was ran very low on until the fuel warning light came on. I assumed that it was some safe mode, so I filled it up with gas and it hasn't been the same since. As you can read in my post, my ski sat for at least 2 years before I bought it, so I thought is sucked up some debris from the tank and clogged the fuel filter. Changed the fuel filter still no luck. Since then I have changed the MAP and Boost sensors and still no luck. I won't go in great detail but any help would be appreciated. You can read my other thread listed above to see what and why I have already done.

+1
    A trouble shooting tip courtesy of Desprado that worked for me!

Unplug your 02 Sensor (the sensor with the 4 pin green connector plug screwed into the exhaust manifold) The ECU recognises it is disconnected and runs on an internal Map (you will have to get clarification from Desperado if you want a more accurate explanation than that)
    This should clear up the erratic side of things. If after this it still will not run properly (go for a decent ride) you will have to have the stored fault codes cleared by a Polaris dealer. Desperado may do it for you if send him your ECU and some incentive. And while ther have him upgrade it to ludicrous speed (one up from Warp)
    Last edited by Kosh; 09-10-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information