Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

huge,huge,huge THANKS

Wanted to give a HUGE THANKS to member TCR (Travis Church).... Upon reassembling my motor in April ,I installed #1 power valve backwards causing it to tap and chip the piston. I have been chasing down 130 rpms for months now and could not figure out where the prob was till last week when I pulled the heads again... In the mean time I was able to get rpms up by other means but, still was not happy knowing that I was still missing the rpms... Got with a forum member to send send me a new piston but, with the holidays it wont be here till middle of next week, me being the impatient ass Iam wanted to ride this weekend so Travis gives me a call and asks if I got the parts yet? I said no with great dissapointment, he said let me look and see what I got, called me back and said Yes I have a new piston and supporting parts and that he would bring them to me in person but, he said that he would not be able to make till very late... 2:00 am this morning he shows up at the house after driving 4 hours to get here not to mention the couple hundred miles he drove before he got here helping one of his friends who had auto trouble withen the first 2 minutes he spotted the problem ,,I proceeded to try and help and was told to step aside ( I beleive I caused enough damage)The level of quality(very meticulous) that he exhibets is just mind blowing..we finished up at about 5:30am this morning and would have been done sooner but I was to lazy to pull the pipes.... what it boils down to is He drove 4 hours each way to help a friend out then to turn around and drive straight back after we were done... for what a new piston costs and a set of rings cost I have my ski back together and hopping to post a "New Top Speed Number" this weekend. Through this wonderful site I have met many good friends (which a good friend is hard to find these days) and proud to call Travis a good friend.. Thanks again...

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar

Thumbs up

Cool VERY Cool

NICE ONE. Another greenhulk good news item

+1
    thats real cool
    Its nice to hear the good things that people do for other people, most of the time its the bad stuff you hear about.

GH is the best thing to happen to the PWC community since the GPR

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    good people are hard to find!!!

+1
    Travis you get the big that-a-boy award!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sconti stellari View Post
    good people are hard to find!!!
    True that that is why everyone drives to Tampa to see Jim

+1
    Just happy to help a friend in need. Man shouldn't be without his ski on a holiday weekend. I'm sure Nate will be posting some new faster numbers very soon. Travis

+1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    Just happy to help a friend in need. Man shouldn't be without his ski on a holiday weekend. I'm sure Nate will be posting some new faster numbers very soon. Travis
    Got some shake down runs today after 2 hr breakin... 81.5-81.7 @ 7270 rpms full tank no holes filled(except pump shoe) .950 plate.100 under tabs super handling and 82.1-82.3 @ 7290 3/4 tank fuel all on my little 14/23 pitched by Jim. Gonna send the vx to Jim to work his magic and should be good for 2+ then loosen the handling, fill the holes, get the gas low, adjust efi controller,,mix oil 40;1 vs 36;1 that was used for breakin,, gonna get up early and try my 15/25 and also going to try out shell gas says no ethenal then we will see what she will do. thanks again, I will give you a ring in the afternoon

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information