I rode an iS today

I don't like it.

With the suspension at half setting.....the center of gravity is a lot higher outa the water than sitting on my '05rxt. Hitting wakes or waves head on...the suspension...really feels good....kinda light...especially on a recently sore back. However.....when traveling at speed...taking these waves ect from different bearings at random intervals......being that high outa the water...to me....sucks....big time...I did not like it or in any way feel remotely comfortable.

With the suspension at it's highest setting....the worst.....I was deffinately uncomfortable. Not really scared shtless....I didn't like it though.

With the upper deck on the bottom, lowest.....was the easiest for me to drive....but....no skegs on this thing and with the vts set constantly in the middle.....still didn't like it...at speed in the rough.

Now...I'm not talking a few basshole wakes in the bayou...rough...I mean the main channel, Smith Mountain Lake 2pm on saturday of Labor Day weekend....rough.

I told the salesman I would have to drive the new '10 t-x....and see what's what.

One last thing.....this thing is supposed to have 255 horses?.....I'll take mine...and it ain't making that kinda power......but would still leave that thing bouncing in the waves. I don't consider myself some kinda pro rider or anything....but he'd have to be a hell of a lot better than me to beat me on that thing while I was driving mine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    I don't like it.

With the suspension at half setting.....the center of gravity is a lot higher outa the water than sitting on my '05rxt. Hitting wakes or waves head on...the suspension...really feels good....kinda light...especially on a recently sore back. However.....when traveling at speed...taking these waves ect from different bearings at random intervals......being that high outa the water...to me....sucks....big time...I did not like it or in any way feel remotely comfortable.

With the suspension at it's highest setting....the worst.....I was deffinately uncomfortable. Not really scared shtless....I didn't like it though.

With the upper deck on the bottom, lowest.....was the easiest for me to drive....but....no skegs on this thing and with the vts set constantly in the middle.....still didn't like it...at speed in the rough.

Now...I'm not talking a few basshole wakes in the bayou...rough...I mean the main channel, Smith Mountain Lake 2pm on saturday of Labor Day weekend....rough.

I told the salesman I would have to drive the new '10 t-x....and see what's what.

One last thing.....this thing is supposed to have 255 horses?.....I'll take mine...and it ain't making that kinda power......but would still leave that thing bouncing in the waves. I don't consider myself some kinda pro rider or anything....but he'd have to be a hell of a lot better than me to beat me on that thing while I was driving mine.
    The whole idea of the suspension puts me right off. A ski is not sposed to be comfortable. if u want to be comfortable, stay at home on your couch. plus it just adds more weight to slow the boats down.

My opinion

I feel the same way, I can't imagine riding a jetski w/ suspension. I do find the new RXT-X 260 to be very interesting though. I would love to ride one of those

I had a ride on a mates on the weekend and I have to agree with you. I felt very high on it and it was quite unnerving when hitting into corners at speed. very comfy though. will have to have another go when we go for our next ride out in the ocean to see how it feels in the swells but so far my decision is to stick with the solid mount. Also the weight of it hurts acceleration but I think in a decent swell/chop this could help keep speed up once cruising but will find out next time i hit him up for a ride.

I agree, not sure if I like it

+1
    I'm really liking my iS. Leaving the suspension on the auto mode works best IMO. I'm a stand up rider in the chop and this thing works very well in nasty conditions. I guess it's all on how you ride. The s3 hull is key. I would like to ride a 2010 RXTX w/o suspension and confare.

+1
    I tend to disagree about the whole suspension thing. I had an HX with the suspension seat and I would swear that it was much better in heavy waves than my RXP. Then, my friend also switched from an HX to an RXP and reported back the same - that the RXP beat him to death. Suspension can be great on a ski if it's done correctly.

Thread Information