Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nujet 6.5 vs. Solas

I have been running a Solas Concord impeller on my ski, but want to try the Nujet 6.5 that I have. Just wondering how a stock nujet will load the motor compared to a 14/20 Concord...more, less, similar? The cool fall air is here and I want to break 80 this year...Thanks

The nujet will not load the motor as much.They have less blade overlap and also are slightly smaller in diameter giving more clearence between the blades and liner.This is why there known for yielding more rpms.This really helps a near stock ski,dont know how it would work on a tripple,I would think a new sea-doo hard plastic liner cut in by a nujet to have less clearence might work good for top end.I would think a stock liner might slip to much with tripples and hurt top end #'s.Thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by H204YOU View Post
    The nujet will not load the motor as much.They have less blade overlap and also are slightly smaller in diameter giving more clearence between the blades and liner.This is why there known for yielding more rpms.This really helps a near stock ski,dont know how it would work on a tripple,I would think a new sea-doo hard plastic liner cut in by a nujet to have less clearence might work good for top end.I would think a stock liner might slip to much with tripples and hurt top end #'s.Thats my opinion.
    Well as long as the pitch is close to the 14-20, I am going to give it a try. Nujets were always worth a MPH or two over the Concords on the Polaris skis, not to mention improved midrange acceleration...When the Nujets were setup properly, they didnt slip much more than the Solas ones. We will see...thanks for the input. I will report back with my results.

African-American
    +1
    very keep to see your results, please try and do back to back testing.

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisNut View Post
    Well as long as the pitch is close to the 14-20, I am going to give it a try. Nujets were always worth a MPH or two over the Concords on the Polaris skis, not to mention improved midrange acceleration...When the Nujets were setup properly, they didnt slip much more than the Solas ones. We will see...thanks for the input. I will report back with my results.
    If it does slip too much remember the sea-doo liner swap,and also Carl @ Island Racing has a lot of experience with the nu-jet,he would have some good input for tweeking after your initial testing.Remember,results vary from hull to hull too,and tripples throw a curve ball in there.

Quote Originally Posted by H204YOU View Post
    If it does slip too much remember the sea-doo liner swap,and also Carl @ Island Racing has a lot of experience with the nu-jet,he would have some good input for tweeking after your initial testing.Remember,results vary from hull to hull too,and tripples throw a curve ball in there.
    I have the Skat pump liner, so I'd hate to waste it...I could just have the blades welded to decrease clearance.

+1
    A 6.5 will never get you to 80. I tried it years ago, and it's just not capable of doing so. I talked to Carl at IR about it and he agreed. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    A 6.5 will never get you to 80. I tried it years ago, and it's just not capable of doing so. I talked to Carl at IR about it and he agreed. Just my 2 cents.
    You try it with triple pipes though? I could see the root angle being too shallow to use it with a high hp single pipe.

+1
    No, I didn't. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I didn't think of that. When my ski was in the low to mid 70 mph range, I loved the 6.5. Much better low and mid than the Solas prop we were all using.

It sure can't hurt to try!

Installed the Nujet last night. Its brand new, and had less than .010" clearance between the blades and liner...Going to take it for a run this weekend, and see what the outcome is. Had the ski running just over 78 the other day at 7900rpm. I did notice the clearance between the trailing edge of the blade and the stator vanes was quite a bit more than with the Solas...I'm sure this is going to hurt hookup, and is probably why quite a few people do a setback on them. There are a couple mods that can be done to the Nujets to improve hookup, without sacrificing speed, that I picked up on the Polaris side...so I will eventually try those as well.
    Last edited by PolarisNut; 06-07-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information