1999 shuttle craft

Hi Everyone. Can anyone help me please. I love jetsking & i am just getting into wake boarding. I cant afford a boat & a ski & really dont want to get rid of my ski (2005 fx ho cruiser) A 1999 shuttle craft has come up for sale are they any good ? do they give a good enough wake ? has anyone got or had one that can give me a review on it please.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy200 View Post
    Hi Everyone. Can anyone help me please. I love jetsking & i am just getting into wake boarding. I cant afford a boat & a ski & really dont want to get rid of my ski (2005 fx ho cruiser) A 1999 shuttle craft has come up for sale are they any good ? do they give a good enough wake ? has anyone got or had one that can give me a review on it please.
    I had one for 5 years.
    If you want the go wake boarding..........buy a wake boat.
    If you want to putta around rivers and lakes enjoying the view or use it as a multi-purpose unit, go for it.
    The only rails they have for a four stroke jetski are for the Seadoo's, hence I own a Wake Seadoo 07.
    I sold mine and just got 2 x SHO's for our family of 6.
    It nearly sunk when I was caught out in some bigger waves sweeping in from the ocean in the seaway. Low profile deck and crappy bilge pump.
    Great novelty but you'll sell it quick and upgrade later anyway. Most people have.

Hope that helps.
    You get some interesting comments thou.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    I Low profile deck and crappy bilge pump.
    Great novelty but you'll sell it quick and upgrade later anyway. Most people have.
    +1.

In similar boat (pardon the pun)

Honestly, from someone who wakeboards, you need a boat that can put up a good wake and I just don't see a jetboat doing that, period. That being said I am sure you will still have fun, just don't plan on doing many jumps.

My boat was not built for wakeboarding (18.5ft searay) and my friends and we can really tell. Your skill will plateau very quickly if you do not have the right equipment. One of my friends has reached that point, he will not get any better without a better boat. My experience is that if you do not have the right equipment you will find that wakeboarding gets really boring really quickly as you will realize that you are not getting any better after a point.

Thanks everyone for all the help. Looks like i'll have to work more & save harder so i can have both. Maybe sell the wife

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy200 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the help. Looks like i'll have to work more & save harder so i can have both. Maybe sell the wife
    Or she might sell you

Good luck with whatever you purchase.

Thread Information