Polaris sl900 not accelerating once getting hot

Once i start this one up it accelerates thru low and mid range. High range is okay. Once it get's hot it does not have low or mid range. If you hit a wave and get air into pump then it will accelerate to high range. Have checked carborators and fuel. This jet ski had been sitting for 7 years without use. Have cleaned out the fuel system.

Have any idea what is going on here? thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada

Have the carbs actually been pulled apart, internally cleaned, and new rebuild parts installed?

Yes they have..

Have you treid to add a little choke when the problem happens ? (If it is lean,choke will add some gas)

Or,check the plugs when the problem happens. When it doesn't accell,hold throttle steady,hit the kill button. ( better to read older plugs,they change color quickly)

have tried to choke no difference this ski has keihin cdkll carbs. It only has one adjustment screw on the carb. Also checked the plugs and changed their tan color. I do not live close to the lake so once i get the ski's on the water again i can get back to you.

When I drive the ski it seems to engage the first and second stage of the carbs just fine but the third stage will not engage until a certain RPM (over 2400). If I keep the ski over this RPM then the third stage will stay engaged but if I drop below this RPM then I have to build back up the RPM's to get it back in the third stage. I have gone through the carbs and cleaned them. They KEIHIN CDK2s and only have one adjustment screw which I have adjusted very minutely. We have taken it back to closed and then turned it out 5/8 like the dealer recommended. Its seems to have a very small sweet spot but once you ride the ski around for a while it loses it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thread Information