Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Witch grate? R&D or Worx's

After 10hr ive decided i need a new intake grate. One thing i heard the worx is bad for catching weeds, is there any truth to this? I have a really weedie channel so im looking for a good grate for chop but at the same time wont act like a shovel for catching weeds. Am i asking for to much or am i just going to have to deal with an after market grate catching weeds.

+1
    I run a Worx and a Riva and never had any trouble with weeds.If you are in chop i would go with the Worx , it keeps the pump loaded a little better than the Riva and doesn"t seem to scrub much speed off . Just my three cents worth!!!!!!

+1
    I ride in the salt water and i got an RD for my RXP-X and i changed it with Worx. I think its better in smooth and chop water. I would recomend that you go with Worx for sure....

i have been interested in the same question -- i hope this question gets some more input right now i have the riva intake grate but am interested in the worx

I ride on lakes and rivers. I have the R&D Grate and it is killer. My fuel last longer and it stays hooked up in the stuff I ride in. MHO.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigcat1 View Post
    I ride on lakes and rivers. I have the R&D Grate and it is killer. My fuel last longer and it stays hooked up in the stuff I ride in. MHO.
    hey i never though about gas lasting longer. the ski does seems to drink more fuel in the chop. how long does a full tank last you? I only have 2.5 days & 11hrs on mine but seems a tank only last about 2hr's lol aspecialy when im racing my friends 33ft scarab with twin 502's witch i think gets better gas mileage LOL.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by koftis View Post
    I ride in the salt water and i got an RD for my RXP-X and i changed it with Worx. I think its better in smooth and chop water. I would recomend that you go with Worx for sure....
    Sorry guys fogot to mention I have a 2008 215hp RXP

How do I post info at the bottom of this box. I want to add info on my ski like i see in other peoples post.

i have a 2007 gtx limited with a few mods including 42# injectors -- i get about 3.5 to 4 hours a tank full -- back when my ski was stock i did much better

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
    i have a 2007 gtx limited with a few mods including 42# injectors -- i get about 3.5 to 4 hours a tank full -- back when my ski was stock i did much better
    what are your riding conditions like. I have about 30mins on glass so far the rest has been small to large chop and i ride as fast as my arms and leg will allow i think the only time ive sat on the seat was to idle out my channel. Most of the time there is to much boat wake and chop to be able to sit down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information