Big thanks to Kris and Pat!!!

Last week I went up to Kenosha, WI to meet up with Kris and Pat to put everything back in my ski. I had taken everything out the week before to clean the hull and go through everything. So when I got up there we replaced all the water lines for the triples, rerouted all the lines so that the inside of the ski looks much more organized than before. We also took the flywheel cover off to make sure there was an R & D lightweight flywheel in there which there was. We cleaned up the engine a little bit and Pat cut up my back compartment to move it back to make more room for the number 3 pipe so that it's not right up on the compartment. There weren't any kevlar o-rings so i had to order those. They did come in though along with my new msd wires, and gp 1200 battery box since there is no more compartment for it. I will be finishing putting it back together on wednesday and hope to have video up on wednesday night as long as everything goes as planned. But anyways I just wanted to thank Kris and Pat for everything they helped me do to my ski. We got a lot accomplished in that one day and am very thankful that they were willing to help me.

No problemo

I am glad that you are happy. Hope you get it on the water soon.

99 Riva GP 1200R3 #11 of 50

Hi tom. Pat from Indiana with the Riva

Quote Originally Posted by tamous View Post
    Last week I went up to Kenosha, WI to meet up with Kris and Pat to put everything back in my ski. I had taken everything out the week before to clean the hull and go through everything. So when I got up there we replaced all the water lines for the triples, rerouted all the lines so that the inside of the ski looks much more organized than before. We also took the flywheel cover off to make sure there was an R & D lightweight flywheel in there which there was. We cleaned up the engine a little bit and Pat cut up my back compartment to move it back to make more room for the number 3 pipe so that it's not right up on the compartment. There weren't any kevlar o-rings so i had to order those. They did come in though along with my new msd wires, and gp 1200 battery box since there is no more compartment for it. I will be finishing putting it back together on wednesday and hope to have video up on wednesday night as long as everything goes as planned. But anyways I just wanted to thank Kris and Pat for everything they helped me do to my ski. We got a lot accomplished in that one day and am very thankful that they were willing to help me.
    Hi Tom, It's Pat who bought your Riva. Hopefully will get it out this weekend, been too busy working on house. Working on replacing cracked pipe, bought '98 off ebay. Finished replacing pulser coils which was cause of no spark on #2. Is it normal for 1200's to run rough during transition from idle to midrange. seems to vibrate around 3000 rpm then smooths out fine. wondering if transition is fat or carbs are out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by pcreque View Post
    Hi Tom, It's Pat who bought your Riva. Hopefully will get it out this weekend, been too busy working on house. Working on replacing cracked pipe, bought '98 off ebay. Finished replacing pulser coils which was cause of no spark on #2. Is it normal for 1200's to run rough during transition from idle to midrange. seems to vibrate around 3000 rpm then smooths out fine. wondering if transition is fat or carbs are out of sync.
    No it has always vibrated like that and I'm pretty sure most all the other guys with gp12's will agree with me. I know the carbs are just fine. Dav Dman can testify to that. We went through them about 2-3 months ago to rebuild them and they were very clean. As far as them being out of sync., they shouldn't be because I had the carbs pretty well dialed in before I sold it to ya. The low's were pratically perfect. I think the high's might have been a lil rich but there's nothing wrong with that. And I have no clue why you would be cracking another pipe. I had just put that one before I sould it and never noticed a crack or leaking. anyways I hope u getr out on the water soon before summer is up

Thread Information