Salt buildup on engine

OK, so last weekend I came home from the beach but, for the first time, I didn't completely wash the seadoo. I only sprayed the engine area down with Salt Terminator and flushed the engine since I knew I was going to the lake this weekend. Yesterday, I noticed major salt (or some white residue) all over the engine area. Since I'm not a mechanic, I don't know what things are called. I wiped away most of what I could see with a wet washcloth, but there is some residue around the corners of the supercharger area that I can't get to. I'm gonna wash it thoroughly today. How can I clean this area?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea_major View Post
    OK, so last weekend I came home from the beach but, for the first time, I didn't completely wash the seadoo. I only sprayed the engine area down with Salt Terminator and flushed the engine since I knew I was going to the lake this weekend. Yesterday, I noticed major salt (or some white residue) all over the engine area. Since I'm not a mechanic, I don't know what things are called. I wiped away most of what I could see with a wet washcloth, but there is some residue around the corners of the supercharger area that I can't get to. I'm gonna wash it thoroughly today. How can I clean this area?

wash it down with the salt terminator again, then cover the ENTIRE engine bay with Fluid Film, or similar product. there is nothing you can't spray it on. it will prevent salt damage and keep the inside looking sweet. you really should do this after every ride in salt. also, i like to spray the rideplate, pump, intake grate, prop, OPAS, basically everything metal that is exposed to water.

Thread Information