Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Quit smoking

Quit smoking

I quit smoking 24hrs ago, Just cant justify the cost anymore 6.15 a pack, with the wife and I smoking a pack and a half a day each, almost 20 bucks a day!! Good ole Doyle raised the tax in Wi again! 5th highest in the country! We are using the gum and it seems to be working, but you have to want to quit for anything to work! Anybody have any other helpful suggestions or stories of their own please chime in!By the way, Ive smoked for 23yrs,Started when I was 15

+1
    2 of my grandparent died of lung cancers due to smoking. and a friend of mine just lost a lung and finished up his ciemo this week. Just keep thinking of the money youll save pluse how much healthier you will feel. Just dont give in to the craving its all in your head. Tell all your friend and family you want thier support and to freak out on you if you even think about smoking. Best of luck man with quiting, and remember it all in your head... Just keep telling yourself you dont need to smoke.

+1
    Thats a good thing Dave. I quit smoking and drinking Feb.18 2000' , going on 10 years. The best change i have ever done. Now take it easy ,you and your wife try not to strangle each other in the process. Might be tough at first but DONT GIVE UP! Your health is important.

+1
    I need to listen in on this Thread 2 packs a day for me! I just went out and bought this thing called smoke stik.Have not taken it out of the box yet! eating lunch at the moment and can't wait to go have a smoke! Lee

Good luck bro..I wish i could quit but i just can't. Let us know what works for you so we can try it out..

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    my wife quit after being a heavy smoker for over 20 years. Want some incentive, go volunteer for a day at your local hospitals cancer ward.

My wife had withdrawal symptoms for a couple of weeks, coughed smoke taste up for like six months, but went on to earn a brown belt in karate.

It wasn't a money issue for her, I laid it down, quit smoking or no wedding! She didn't need much incentive actually, she wanted to quit and hasn't every looked back.

you _can_ do it.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    my wife quit after being a heavy smoker for over 20 years. Want some incentive, go volunteer for a day at your local hospitals cancer ward.

My wife had withdrawal symptoms for a couple of weeks, coughed smoke taste up for like six months, but went on to earn a brown belt in karate.

It wasn't a money issue for her, I laid it down, quit smoking or no wedding! She didn't need much incentive actually, she wanted to quit and hasn't every looked back.

you _can_ do it.

good luck
    I've been married for 21 years i wish she would of given me an ultamatum before we got married..

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I started working out at a gym when I decided to quit for good....besides the occasional "Im drunk so Im going to have one". The membership was $400 for the year. I figured that would be a better investment than a lung transplant. I started on some work out supplements and some how when I tried to smoke it just tasted nasty. I was jogging a mile in the morning and did weights in the afternoon. after a couple weeks i didnt even want one. It also helps to stay away from the booze while you are doing this...Good luck!

My dad used to smoke. My mom said she wouldnt have kids until he quit - so he quit

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    60 day no copenhagen here feels good but still want it now and then, dont laugh they say copenhagen deliver twice the nicotine per use than a cigg, there fore twice as hard

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information