Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What simple adjustment?

My ride is now running right on the cusp of 78mph-79mph. I have scegs, Riva sponsons waiting to be installed. My question is what should I do next, or in what sequence. My ECU is RR Racing but not re-flashed. My hull is trued but rideplate holes are NOT filled. I have not added intake grate. So, there are lots of little things that can be done next, I just don't know what sequence I should go in. The Re-flashed ECU is a winter thing unless someone wants to sell me theirs. Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by smc
    My ride is now running right on the cusp of 78mph-79mph. I have scegs, Riva sponsons waiting to be installed. My question is what should I do next, or in what sequence. My ECU is RR Racing but not re-flashed. My hull is trued but rideplate holes are NOT filled. I have not added intake grate. So, there are lots of little things that can be done next, I just don't know what sequence I should go in. The Re-flashed ECU is a winter thing unless someone wants to sell me theirs. Thanx.

SMC:

The rideplate hole fill is a no brainer. GEt that done and you get up to 1 mph of free speed. Then get the Riva grate

+1
    I back up what Jeff says. Install the Riva grate and fill the rideplate holes and you will hit 80.

Are you sure you don't already have a grate on that thing?

Sorry

Is the grate the thing that is on the base of the hull and is black. I was under my boat yesterday to check my hull and I could see a metal shaft through that rectangular hole in the bottom of the hull. Within that box was a metal thing about a foot long that looked like a big bottle opener.

if it looks like a bottle opener it's an aftermarket grate, the stock one is two parallel bars

+1
    I think it is a stock grate on your ski Steve

Thanks

Actually now that I know where it is and remembering a conversation I had with Mark U it would be a stock grate cause he said he has never been able to get significant results from aftermarket grates. He built the boat so he probably left the stock one on.

+1
    Probably because I don't think he ever set it up for top speed as much as for cc racing 70 plus and I heard the riva grate shines

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smc
    Actually now that I know where it is and remembering a conversation I had with Mark U it would be a stock grate cause he said he has never been able to get significant results from aftermarket grates. He built the boat so he probably left the stock one on.
    You've got to be kidding? No significant gains?

No significant gains. Yes, no significant gains. Why does Mark U always win his races. He tells me no significant gains under his testing I take it as gospel. So, does it have to do with the ace accelleration of this boat or are we trying to get to 80, 85, 90 in 20 seconds?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information