Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Alky Control kit

Just wanted to share my findings with a new thread. I installed an Alky-Control kit ( http://www.alkycontrol.com/ ) on the Honda listed in my signature. I used to run the ski without the methanol kit at 16psi. The problem was, I could only stay in the throttle for about 10 seconds and it would set a air temp sensor error code. I installed the kit in about an hour and took it back to the water. When I got there, I realized my gps batteries were dead so I didn't get any mph numbers
    Without changing the boost, it ran the same 6350 rpm's and never set the sensor code.
    I decided to turn the boost up to 17 psi and try it again. The rpm's went to 6500 and the ski was surging slightly against the rev limiter. The prop is currently a 17.5-29. I plan on having Duke repitch it and then turning the boost up a little more.
    The next time out, I will have fresh batteries in the gps. I hope to hit 70mph in the 94 degree weather.

+1
    Don't think we will have any problem hitting 70 in the Florida summer heat Cal!! Alky setup worked great!! You were at 68+ before and know you've gained many rpms with no overheat issue.

+1
    You know I want to try out that Honda next weekend.

Thanks guys! The new prop is installed, going to the lake tomorrow to see if Duke needs to put more pitch in it I was hoping Jim would ride it this weekend and get me 70mph!

I tested it with a 17/31 prop and running over 6400rpm's with the boost still at 17psi. Going to have Duke work some more magic on the prop before I try 18psi.

+1
    what did it cost and what are settings?

and which kit did you use? They seem vehicle specific.

Quote Originally Posted by otnielarencibia View Post
    and which kit did you use? They seem vehicle specific.
    I had them make up a prototype unit for my ski. I then gave them feedback on the install so they could make a Honda specific kit. They are going to make it plug and play without any wire splicing, etc.. There are just a couple details left before it goes into production. Specifically, whether it should include a adjustable boost valve to raise the boost and the coresponding electronics so the MAP sensor won't set a code.

Quote Originally Posted by dav_dman View Post
    what did it cost and what are settings?
    Don't hold me to this, but cost should be $300-$400 if it includes the stuff to raise the boost. Obviously, lower without. I will say this is the cheapest 3-4 mph I have ever added to the ski.

I have mine set to turn on at just over 14 psi. Unless you look at the led indicator, you cannot tell when it is coming on. Mine has a two quart resevoir that will easily last a tank full of gas, longer depending on how hard you ride. I just recently added more pitch to my prop, so I should have some concrete mph gains available this weekend.

+1
    the intake air pressure sensor will cut boost as well as the map sensor .. superjims kit uses a regulator at that sensor at the front of the engine...just and fyi for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information