Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Do you think insurance will pay...?

I was just on the phne with my insurance carrier for my hull issue. The guy told me it was a claim and they will go over it and let me know. He told me to send some pictures and a written report about what happened. Of course it happened down at the keys while I beached it into rocks....

Anyways.....what do you say?

tell them you by accidently beached it on razor sharp rocks lol......make em pay those bastards

I would say i hit a log that was floating submerged that way theay cannot fault you. if you run aground insurance will make you pay the duductable.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    I was just on the phne with my insurance carrier for my hull issue. The guy told me it was a claim and they will go over it and let me know. He told me to send some pictures and a written report about what happened. Of course it happened down at the keys while I beached it into rocks....

Anyways.....what do you say?

So you are asking for the insurance company to pay for your repeated beachings, and thus the wear on the keel of your ski?

What do you think insurance is for exactly? Insurance is not meant to be a maintenance program.

Man-up and pay for it yourself for Pete's sake!

You will have to pay the deductable no matter what.

You have to decide if it is worth the insurance fraud risk. If it cost $800 to fix for expample and your deductable is $500 is it worth taking a chance for $300. (and keeping sure that all our rates stay high)

I really dont think it is a real insurance issue, but I could be wrong.

Geo, How much does it really cost to fix something like that by the way?

+1
    I told the guy what happened... I beached the ski not noticing it was rocky....the gel coat was scratched and the fiberglass shows.... That was an honest accident ....I just did it to see what happens, if they wanna pay, what the hell you think Im gonna do? ...if they dont wanna pay for it then phuck it....I'll pay for it. ....I think of it of a way of having my intercooler setup sooner than I thought

Come on guys fraud?....They have the pictures and if they wanna say no, they will, if they see it's from wear and tear then so be it.....

It's gonna be $850+

+1
    After looking at the pics on the other thread, if I was your carrier I would not pay and I would drop you for being a knot-head.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoRXT
    I told the guy what happened... I beached the ski not noticing it was rocky....the gel coat was scratched and the fiberglass shows.... That was an honest accident ....I just did it to see what happens, if they wanna pay, what the hell you think Im gonna do? ...if they dont wanna pay for it then phuck it....I'll pay for it. ....I think of it of a way of having my intercooler setup sooner than I thought

Come on guys fraud?....They have the pictures and if they wanna say no, they will, if they see it's from wear and tear then so be it.....

It's gonna be $850+
    That's cool, it is up to them, you showed them and didn't make up a big wopper and they can decide.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jack
    That's cool, it is up to them, you showed them and didn't make up a big wopper and they can decide.
    Exactly! THey have all the pictures!....

My cousin who works with an insurance company gave me the ok on doing it. He said that if they decide to pay its because they believe it might cost them more at the end if I have to get the whole bottom hull replaced for mayor damage if the fiberglass is left like that.

Bottom line is insurance companies phuck us over more that we do it to them!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steach
    After looking at the pics on the other thread, if I was your carrier I would not pay and I would drop you for being a knot-head.
    Bring your 3 skies and lets race and see who ends up being the knot head

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information